Jacksons

Bray Hill

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Bray Hill said:

Would anybody happen to know -

Who is covering the cost of the new road layout on Cooil Road providing access to the new car dealership being built on private land?

I agree with the Teapot. You (we) are paying for it. 

9 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Jackson's will be a small part of what we get up there.

I too have no problem.with the Gov. paying for the works up there.

If only half of the rumours are true, it will be worth it.

felt museum.........

10 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

Theve bent over backwards to accommodate Jacksons so my guess is the tax payer...I mean who could turn away 100 new jobs !!!! Except there not but we know that but the powers that be couldn't work it out... !!

But there will be 100 new jobs. Probably more I suspect long term.  Plus it is creating significant work now at a time when it is needed.

You need to appreciate it isn't just a garage selling cars that is going to end up on that site.  

8 hours ago, notwell said:

But there will be 100 new jobs. Probably more I suspect long term.  Plus it is creating significant work now at a time when it is needed.

You need to appreciate it isn't just a garage selling cars that is going to end up on that site.  

Jacksons pitch was they would sell 1 millions worth of cars etc a week and create 100 new jobs. That was never going to happen in my view as all they have done is buy up existing dealerships and relocate the staff.. not new jobs but maintain current ones .  

8 hours ago, La Colombe said:

It's government stoogonomics. The old jobs can be completely discounted. They're not really our jobs. 

They don't care about any old jobs being done by Manx people all they care about is the prospect of new jobs going to people who will be exempted from work permits so that they can stay here for a few years and create the illusion that things are changing and government pensions will continue to be paid. 

Archived