Who tried to kill Bushy's tent?

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, gettafa said:

Ohh, I hope so. If that is the case this is great news.

Other than the beer tent and the FunFair, the Promenade has gone quiet over the past 10 years or so. Summerland was always busy and held the prize presentations, The Palace capitalised upstairs and downstairs and for a few years - prior to Bushy's Tent -  was centre of attraction with The Bike Shed (aye, and the Bike Shed Babes), other places have simply closed down such as Castle Mona/Studebakers, The Imperial 'Imps, The Crescent etc. And for a few short years The Venue was the main attraction.

The Villa/Villa Gardens is a fantastic TT venue but some years it has been under used. Bushy's Tent and all that goes with it will make sure that area is well used and appreciated.

Good.

A shitty beer tent in those beautiful gardens would be just about the worst thing that could happen in there.

That Bushy's tent needs to be somewhere like Summerland or other  hard standing or field. NOT the cultured well tendered gardens of our show piece Villa,

I so hope this is wrong. 

46 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

A shitty beer tent in those beautiful gardens would be just about the worst thing that could happen in there.

That Bushy's tent needs to be somewhere like Summerland or other  hard standing or field. NOT the cultured well tendered gardens of our show piece Villa,

I so hope this is wrong. 

Don't forget, alastair Montgomerie described Bushys beer tent as the islands showcase during the TT period:lol:

So the conversation in Hooded Ram beer tent during TT 2018 would go along the lines of:

Visiting bikers - "is this a different beer tent"

Outraged local - "Yes, Douglas Corpy wouldn't let him have it this year and we are all outraged, want to sign our petition?"

Visiting biker - "No thanks, can we have another two pints here love"

37 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

So the conversation in Hooded Ram beer tent during TT 2018 would go along the lines of:

Visiting bikers - "is this a different beer tent"

Outraged local - "Yes, Douglas Corpy wouldn't let him have it this year and we are all outraged, want to sign our petition?"

Visiting biker - "No thanks, can we have another two pints here love"

It won't be that simple. Bikers know how shit our government is here. They and us loyal locals will vote with their feet and go back to Bushy's wherever it is. It's not like most people can afford to drink Hooded Ram beer in any quantity either. It will be seen as yet another attempt to poncify the TT. Which it is. 

20 minutes ago, NegativeNeil said:

It won't be that simple. Bikers know how shit our government is here. They and us loyal locals will vote with their feet and go back to Bushy's wherever it is. It's not like most people can afford to drink Hooded Ram beer in any quantity either. It will be seen as yet another attempt to poncify the TT. Which it is. 

To be fair, most people didn't drink "Bushy's" in the tent anyway, so that negates your argument.

4 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

To be fair, most people didn't drink "Bushy's" in the tent anyway, so that negates your argument.

Bushy's was highly popular with locals and real TT fans. You're probably neither. Not many locals will be up for poncified expensive beer from the Hooded Ram. Most can't afford it. Except those wasters bringing in big government salaries who will be down there with their motheaten leather jackets on that get an airing once a year toasting another great government TT fuck up. The event only has a few years left anyway. 

1 minute ago, NegativeNeil said:

Bushy's was highly popular with locals and real TT fans. You're probably neither. Not many locals will be up for poncified expensive beer from the Hooded Ram. Most can't afford it. Except those wasters bringing in big government salaries who will be down there with their motheaten leather jackets on that get an airing once a year toasting another great government TT fuck up. The event only has a few years left anyway. 

I am actually both, but don't let that get in your way. ! Most "drinkers" in Bushy's tent did not drink Bushy's beer. That from an inside source.

Hooded Ram will not be relying on selling all their own stuff either, I would imagine.

33 minutes ago, NegativeNeil said:

It's not like most people can afford to drink Hooded Ram beer in any quantity either.

I very much like their IPA. But one or two glasses is enough. Then it's time for some food.

If I was the sort of person more focused on quantity I'd probably just buy cider from the Spar.

9 hours ago, NegativeNeil said:

what colour are the clouds in your world?

Bikers will settle for anybody's beer as long as it tastes decent and there is access to food/music/other bikers. Visitors care not a jot about our government. They have enough problems with their own.

The Bushy's crusaders seem to have difficulty understanding that

40 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

what colour are the clouds in your world?

Bikers will settle for anybody's beer as long as it tastes decent and there is access to food/music/other bikers. Visitors care not a jot about our government. They have enough problems with their own.

The Bushy's crusaders seem to have difficulty understanding that

You're not that clever fella are you? 

Archived