Who tried to kill Bushy's tent?

Albert Tatlock

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, gettafa said:

££££s override loyalty every time

It isn't about loyalty.   It's a tent, on a car park.    There's nothing particularly unique about it.  Intellectual Property is hardly at stake is it?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new occupants do.  I'd hope it's better than the previous effort.

6 minutes ago, notwell said:

It isn't about loyalty.   It's a tent, on a car park.    There's nothing particularly unique about it.  Intellectual Property is hardly at stake is it?

I'm looking forward to seeing what the new occupants do.  I'd hope it's better than the previous effort.

I hope it's better than their rubbish over priced pub. 

Should there not be some element of goodwill involved in this? Bushys ran it for twenty years. If you buy a business that's being going for that kind of time some of the cost of it is generally for that. I know Bushys didn't own the site, but still...

4 hours ago, Numbnuts said:

I know where it's likely to be...and it's not anywhere that's been suggested ..it's going to  cause a shit storm though

when contracts are finally signed ! And yes bands are likely to be fine although remember most work so if it's a them and us 

I'm sure Bushys will come out top. Bar staff and security though is a whole different issue I've run a very large, be it indoor ,

bars in TT week years ago and it's  really tough to get staff ..can get bodies but good staff mmmmm !! Not easy 

Old Summerland site?

51 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

Should there not be some element of goodwill involved in this? Bushys ran it for twenty years. If you buy a business that's being going for that kind of time some of the cost of it is generally for that. I know Bushys didn't own the site, but still...

bushy's weren't running it for douglas corpy and they haven't sold the business on.   they ran it for themselves,  why should there be any goodwill involved?

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

No.  There is no value in it unless of course they were actually selling "Bushy's" which would then be the case.

4 hours ago, notwell said:

My reference to loyalty (quoted in your original post) was about the staff and sound etc. Someone said they would stay loyal to Bushy's, but they ill simoly go if enough money is offered.

On this one notty, I am more or less in the same ball park as your mentality.

Archived