Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

29 minutes ago, notwell said:

Er.....but it is OK really Roger.

Fair enough - just tell that  to all those people who have been order to pay loads of back-dated tax by the Courts.  I wouldn't stand too close.

Of course Barrowman is going to want to fight this as otherwise he would be in danger himself of being sued for giving bad advice.  He needs the Courts to say that what he advised was reasonable, even if it turns out to be wrong in the end (and presumably he would be even happier if his ex-clients are cleared).

HMRC had the scheme registered on their own DOTAS register.  i.e they knew about it and it was 100% within their rules.

Just because they changed the rules doesn't give them a free reign to go after people who were actually perfectly legally within the rules.

It's a bit like changing dividends to being subject to NI. If they did that they would not be able to go back infinitely and reclaimed NI on dividends paid to everyone around the country who were operating within the framework and rules provided prior to the change.

Those clients are quite possibly as well to bin and ignore those APN's as they are largely sent out as simply a scare tactic.

I don't really see how anyone will be able to bring a claim against AML.  They've not done anything wrong.  HMRC are really a bunch of charlatans in this respect IMHO. 

£1.50 Bitcoin was in 2011 when I was looking into it but for some reason I didn't think you could buy them via an exchange and had to mine them yourself. Got a bit put off by that as I only had an old laptop at the time which had seen better days so even though in theory cryptocurrency sounded like a great idea I went on holiday with the cash instead. Silly boy in hindsight. New York was nice though. 

• Like 1

I've just read the link Roger Mexico posted online. So you get to swap your Bitcoins amassed and acquired over the years from various internet activities for a physical share in an apartment block in Dubai? There's a word for that sort of thing isn't there? 

Edited by MediaStar

5 minutes ago, MediaStar said:

I've just read the link Roger Mexico posted online. So you get to swap your Bitcoins amassed and acquired over the years from various internet activities for a physical share in an apartment block in Dubai? There's a word for that sort of thing isn't there? 

Investment. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, MediaStar said:

I don't know but if the apartment block was ever sold and they tried to deposit the money in a well-regulated bank, they would definitely have a field day to get past AML checks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, The Well-Manicured Man said:

I don't know but if the apartment block was ever sold and they tried to deposit the money in a well-regulated bank, they would definitely have a field day to get past AML checks.

Good point. I'm sure the successful billionaire might not have thought of that one. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, The Well-Manicured Man said:

You have a point there. I'm not even sure how they can handle the transaction via a Manx CSP. So whenever sold the source of wealth will be bitcoins swapped for an interest in a Dubai property that was then sold?