Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

2 hours ago, Overdose said:

St Marks.  Not sure where they've plucked the figure from but it's certainly not a £120m property either, probably not even close to £12m!!

It is the massive conversion / rebuild on the Ballacorris Road in St Marks, I cant remember it's name, but it is a fantastic place.

Not 120 million, but way, way over the 12. I would say 20+ easily. I've been in it.:)

edit to add, it's called Ballakew.

Edited by dilligaf

23 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

It is the massive conversion / rebuild on the Ballacorris Road in St Marks, I cant remember it's name, but it is a fantastic place.

Not 120 million, but way, way over the 12. I would say 20+ easily. I've been in it.:)

I have heard about such a place but assumed it was just an urban myth as I'd looked every time I've driven through but never seen it.

56 minutes ago, JessTickle said:

I have to be honest, I don't understand how Ultimo was so successful, they are the most uncomfortable bras I have ever worn.

But fair play to her, she designed the product and her company did very well.

To be fair men only really care how a set of knockers look and on that point Ultimo tends to be ok.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I wondered how a little field track to the shooting range which wasn't even 'a goer' when I was car rallying, I never knew it to have been used as a 'white' road, to become a tarmac road and used in the RallyIoM route :-o

2 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Same boat, done lots of site visits and meetings there from previous planning applications.  I still wouldn't have put it down at £12m compared to some 'cheaper' places I've worked on in the past.  Either way, wayyyyy out of my league if it ever came up for sale :lol:

3 hours ago, JessTickle said:

I have to be honest, I don't understand how Ultimo was so successful, they are the most uncomfortable bras I have ever worn.

But fair play to her, she designed the product and her company did very well.

I'm not even sure that the company was even that successful - especially after the split with the husband and there seems some uncertainty about how much she actually made from the sale.  But Mone is certainly very good at self-promotion[1], which seems to be all that matters nowadays in British business.

[1]  Not that getting the press to print pictures of women in bras has ever been that difficult.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I'm not even sure that the company was even that successful - especially after the split with the husband and there seems some uncertainty about how much she actually made from the sale.  But Mone is certainly very good at self-promotion[1], which seems to be all that matters nowadays in British business.

[1]  Not that getting the press to print pictures of women in bras has ever been that difficult.

Aye.... if in doubt jer, jiggle the numbers around to make it look good:

"The company listed assets of about £5.4 m of which £4.2 was described as 'Goodwill', which is an intangible asset such as the value of a brand."  
[Oldest accountancy trick in the book]

Just well Dave came along at the right moment and made her an offer she couldn't refuse:

"'The Mone Review', in which she is driving to create business in Britain's poorest neighbourhoods. 

As part of her brief, she has been given the job of travelling around the country speaking to anyone from ex-convicts to single parents about setting up their own companies, for which she was given use of a government Jaguar. "

3 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

Aye.... if in doubt jer, jiggle the numbers around to make it look good:

"The company listed assets of about £5.4 m of which £4.2 was described as 'Goodwill', which is an intangible asset such as the value of a brand."  
[Oldest accountancy trick in the book]

Just well Dave came along at the right moment and made her an offer she couldn't refuse:

"'The Mone Review', in which she is driving to create business in Britain's poorest neighbourhoods. 

As part of her brief, she has been given the job of travelling around the country speaking to anyone from ex-convicts to single parents about setting up their own companies, for which she was given use of a government Jaguar. "

Leave Ms Mone's briefs out of this (and her bra as well, if you can).

Is it true that they are going to change the name of the house from Ballakew to Ballaphew?

Edited by Dougie

10 hours ago, Tempus Fugit said:
12 hours ago, dilligaf said:

I wondered how a little field track to the shooting range which wasn't even 'a goer' when I was car rallying, I never knew it to have been used as a 'white' road, to become a tarmac road and used in the RallyIoM route :-o

That road is still pretty dodgy from the shooting range end.

It is only from the tight 90 R by Ballakew that the road is good.

It is often said that Mr Barrowman himself paid the DOI to have the work done, and with the cars he has I don't blame him. Some belters :)

Edit to add that I didn't even know that road was there until a few years ago when I was planning where to watch the rally. Half way down towards Ballakew is very fast and worth a look if anyone is interested.:)

Edited by dilligaf

Just now, maynragh said:
3 hours ago, dilligaf said:

It is often said that Mr Barrowman himself paid the DOI to have the work done, and with the cars he has I don't blame him. Some belters :)

He did. 

Well good on him for it too.:) A few more HNWs should take a leaf out off his book I reckon.