Lingerie tycoon looks set to make IOM her new home

Aristotle

36 minutes ago, notwell said:

She's been here a while. Old news.

Indeed, she even did a Hello interview back in June (so I imagine that she and Barrowman will be splitting up any minute now).  The reason she is all over the papers (again) is that she's got a new company (Michelle Mone Interiors) to flog.  It's based in London, so I doubt she will be moving here full time and in any case you're supposed to be tax-resident in the UK to qualify as a member of the House of Lords.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Indeed, she even did a Hello interview back in June (so I imagine that she and Barrowman will be splitting up any minute now).  The reason she is all over the papers (again) is that she's got a new company (Michelle Mone Interiors) to flog.  It's based in London, so I doubt she will be moving here full time and in any case you're supposed to be tax-resident in the UK to qualify as a member of the House of Lords.

An interview from their "£120m house in the IOM" no less as well. 

She just sounds like an executive MILF if you ask me. 

Edited by thesultanofsheight
  • Like 1

I'm just looking out of my window at "Flaming August" with the attendant cancelled practice tonight and wondering why anybody would move here from the south of France....?:huh:

• Like 5

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

An interview from their "£120m house in the IOM" no less as well. 

This is more like the sort of people we should have here. Maybe she fancies signing up on here and having a good old shout at the peasants too? I bet she'd be able to tell all the moaning Minnie's a thing or two about hard work and having to pay your fair share in life. But then I bet she'd get all the silly peasants beating path to her front door and making a bloody nuisance of themselves. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Her interior company is a joint venture. She won't pay a penny of UK tax on it. 

1 hour ago, Lxxx said:

,Her interior company is a joint venture. She won't pay a penny of UK tax on it. 

Whilst that may be true, Roger is correct that she must be tax resident in the UK to retain her seat in the Lords, regardless of how much, or how little, her tax liability may be. So she won't be living (or if you prefer tax-speak, domiciled) in the Isle of Man.

Edited by Uhtred

14 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm just looking out of my window at "Flaming August" with the attendant cancelled practice tonight and wondering why anybody would move here from the south of France....?:huh:

Because we are great here, the French do not compare to the Manx they eat snails not Bonnag. We're friendly, welcoming and ofc, we have super low tax with plenty of companies making tax efficiencies.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, 2bees said:

Because we are great here, the French do not compare to the Manx they eat snails not Bonnag. We're friendly, welcoming and ofc, we have super low tax with plenty of companies making tax efficiencies.

Mmm, snails. Brioche is a bit like Bonnag. They eat loads of that.