DHSC says dying of cancer is your own fault (apparently)

hboy

On 14/09/2017 at 4:06 PM, hboy said:
On 14/09/2017 at 3:55 PM, gettafa said:

It was the advocates who would have placed the arguments. And on the Isle of Man, when it comes to advocates and deemsters the outcome of a legal argument can be not what you know - or even how well you make your argument - but who you know.

The big wigs have lots of friends from their former days. The Isle of Man legal system is largely one big melting pot/cesspit.

An Impartial judiciary? Impartial my arse.

I've read crap legal advice like that somewhere else I'm sure. 

Isle of Man Courts tend very much to be advocates and deemster pissing up each others backs - a veritable (euphemistic) mutual masturbation fest.

When it comes to justice on the Isle of Man there are various hidden and powerful factors at play.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Health is too important to outsource these days, especially on the rock.

Simple lifestyle changes can go a long way to avoiding entering the broken system here, although that's too much of a inconvenient change for most people to contemplate unfortunately. 

16 minutes ago, Lxxx said:

Health is too important to outsource these days, especially on the rock.

Simple lifestyle changes can go a long way to avoiding entering the broken system here, although that's too much of a inconvenient change for most people to contemplate unfortunately. 

Agreed about lifestyle, but bringing in accountable management is essential.

12 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Agreed about lifestyle, but bringing in accountable management is essential.

I agree but I've given up bothering about things you can't change and the health service here is a beast no-one can make inroads into.

The only thing I can influence is my own health and lifestyle. 

4 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The only blame in this case should be laid at the foot of the obscenely long waiting lists that exist in most departments of Nobles, it is underfunded and badly run.

Says you who is qualified in fuck all. Everyone an expert. FFS

Archived