DHSC says dying of cancer is your own fault (apparently)

hboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 hours ago, woolley said:

That's a suspicion that arises out of the incredible waiting times. So if we knew how many are on the waiting lists and how many appointments for consultation/surgery are available we could flush that out if it is the case.

13 hours ago, Tarne said:

Won't happen Woolley, and the management sure won't release the info. 

On the the contrary.  Details of  waiting lists is one of the things that have recently been begun to be released.  They're supposed to be issued quarterly and the first ones were released on 28 April covering the first quarter of this year.  The headline figures show improvements on things such as speed in providing cancer care, compared to the previous quarter.  There is also a breakdown of the waiting times for inpatient appointments by speciality, showing how many patients have been waiting for how long.

I suspect this is at the instigation of Beecroft, who had been pestering for the details when Quayle was Minister, and it looks like she managed to get it inserted into the programme for government.  How long it will continue I don't know, as the Q2 figures are about 3 weeks late compared to Q1.  So she may be receiving some bureaucratic obstruction from Couch or those lower down.  Of course these sort of figures are regularly published in the UK , but the local attitude may still be that we should take what we're given and be grateful.

...........I usually support the Manx NHS but was surprised this morning when we tried to get an urgent GP appointment  to be told there was only one GP on at Ramsey practice..........a very kind practice nurse helped us out thank goodness............there was only one car in the car park and one person in the waiting room so it could be true.............most surprised and worried.............

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

My experience is that it works well, on the whole, and that the screw up rate is no worse, and probably better, than across.

I've been to a clinic this morning. Only saw GP a week ago. Had an array of tests yesterday. Consultant had results on screen as I was with him. My GP also has them on screen at the surgery and I can see them on line via Patient Access app on my phone/tablet.

Thats what costs, the staffing by skilled, qualified personnel, the technology that does talk and communicate.

im now waiting a phone call from Liverpool to confirm admission time, probably Monday. 

Ive been given patient transfer info, but I'm going to go under my own steam, boat and take car, or fly.

The place isn't over managed. That isn't where the money goes.

it goes on day to day care, medicine, front line staff. We are so lucky, as 83.000 people, on a rock in the Irish Sea, to have a high tech and all encompassing service.

Yes, there are bottle necks, waiting lists, and niggles, and occasionally serious errors happen. 

Im glad it's there, however.

Anyway, you may all be lucky and I may not be posting as frequently, or I may be sitting in my hospital bed, bored, and post much more.

I wish you a speedy recovery to full health.

U

3 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

...........I usually support the Manx NHS but was surprised this morning when we tried to get an urgent GP appointment  to be told there was only one GP on at Ramsey practice..........a very kind practice nurse helped us out thank goodness............there was only one car in the car park and one person in the waiting room so it could be true.............most surprised and worried.............

Doc., there is a very big motorsport event on at the moment. It could well be that more than a few medics are on duty on the rally stages.

Just a thought, not a criticism.:)

Archived