DHSC says dying of cancer is your own fault (apparently)

hboy

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It does make you wonder how you can have waiting lists so long on an island of 83,000. How many people with eye problems are there at any given time? It seems incredible that there can be a wait of 2 1/2 years and counting. Perhaps we need to know how many actual appointments there are available in each discipline per week so that we can get to the bottom of why it takes so long to be seen. Then there can be a judgement made about whether it is being caused by inefficiency, underfunding or misdirection of resources and what is to be done about it. Can't judge without the facts.

1 hour ago, woolley said:

That's a suspicion that arises out of the incredible waiting times. So if we knew how many are on the waiting lists and how many appointments for consultation/surgery are available we could flush that out if it is the case.

Judging from the number of elderly people affected by this, one wonders if it isn't an intentional plan to get rid of them and save money so they can fund their own upcoming pay rises. Sick, deranged people, only interested in themselves (I refer to the bureaucratic management, not the medical staff).

Whatever way you look at this case, the rights and wrongs and other arguments, you can rest assure that there is only one winner in this particular case. It's certainly not the Estate of the patient who sadly passed away, due to in part incompetency. It is welcome that the Estate was successful and is going to be compensated. Overall it's the big knobs on Athol Street who are the winners. The Estate of the deceased would have spent a fortune on legal fees. What a shame there isn't an opportunity for advocates to offer 'no win-no fee'.

A very sad state of affairs indeed. It seems to me the NHS here is at crisis point at the moment, my wife who last saw the dr 7 years ago saw the dr ten days ago and was told she needed to return to see her again in three weeks. She rang today to make that further appointment to be told none were available for at least two weeks so she can't do what the dr told her to ! Hopefully my wifes problem is not serious by missing dates but you can easily see how things begin to slide and you reach the point where you are snookered at every turn !

38 minutes ago, Tarne said:

Crisis point of their own making - what the hell are they squandering over a hundred million on, for a population of 80k? The answer is salaries. Salaries for incompetent people

Don't know about incompetent but certainly the upside down triangle !

My experience is that it works well, on the whole, and that the screw up rate is no worse, and probably better, than across.

I've been to a clinic this morning. Only saw GP a week ago. Had an array of tests yesterday. Consultant had results on screen as I was with him. My GP also has them on screen at the surgery and I can see them on line via Patient Access app on my phone/tablet.

Thats what costs, the staffing by skilled, qualified personnel, the technology that does talk and communicate.

im now waiting a phone call from Liverpool to confirm admission time, probably Monday. 

Ive been given patient transfer info, but I'm going to go under my own steam, boat and take car, or fly.

The place isn't over managed. That isn't where the money goes.

it goes on day to day care, medicine, front line staff. We are so lucky, as 83.000 people, on a rock in the Irish Sea, to have a high tech and all encompassing service.

Yes, there are bottle necks, waiting lists, and niggles, and occasionally serious errors happen. 

Im glad it's there, however.

Anyway, you may all be lucky and I may not be posting as frequently, or I may be sitting in my hospital bed, bored, and post much more.

2 hours ago, Tarne said:

Crisis point of their own making - what the hell are they squandering over a hundred million on, for a population of 80k? The answer is salaries. Salaries for incompetent people

Yes laregly salaries to run a massive out patient department that makes referrals back to the UK NHS. 

Archived