Fireworks in Douglas

war baby

No, but burning druids is looking to become more popular.

There are fewer and fewer small neighbourhood bonfires which is where effigies were burned. Big organised displays tend not to favour ritualistic burning of Catholics. Its probably against the Equality Act.

youngsters collecting "penny for the guy" was part of my childhood, but I'm afraid it's been overtaken by that bastardised US/North American culturallly imperialistic orange and black pumpkin driven nonsense of Halloween.

Wish you'd take it back along with coke, pepsi, Big M, KFC and Burger King, plus Black Friday ( which used to, and probably still does, mean something very different here )

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

No, but burning druids is looking to become more popular.

There are fewer and fewer small neighbourhood bonfires which is where effigies were burned. Big organised displays tend not to favour ritualistic burning of Catholics. Its probably against the Equality Act.

youngsters collecting "penny for the guy" was part of my childhood, but I'm afraid it's been overtaken by that bastardised US/North American culturallly imperialistic orange and black pumpkin driven nonsense of Halloween.

Wish you'd take it back along with coke, pepsi, Big M, KFC and Burger King, plus Black Friday ( which used to, and probably still does, mean something very different here )

Turnips all the way...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived