Conservative friends of israel

Why?

EXPERIENCE.

The declaration that a portion of Palestine should be stolen in order to provide a jew apartheid state is well known and an increasing number of people are becoming  aware as is the method used and the shameful role that Britain and America played and continue to play. 

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am rather surprised to find myself posting in support of Israel, because I am a strong critic of Israels actions in the occupied territories. Jasper's utterly naked anti-semitism can't go unchallenged, though.

Firstly, he is wrong to call Israel an apartheid state. 21% of Israeli citizens are Arabs, almost all Muslim. They have equal voting rights in elections for the Knesset. Their rights within Israel are the same as those of Jews, with the exception that they are not required to perform national service in the IDF. There is no institutional segregation of the communities, although for the most part, the communities tend to live in different areas. There  may be inequalities, but they aren't institutional, and using the term apartheid insults those who struggled for freedom in South Africa.

Secondly, Jasper claims that the whole of Israel constitutes an illegal occupation of Arab lands. The Israeli declaration of Independence at the end of the British Mandate did indeed trigger an Arab- Israeli war in Palestine. The Arab nations rejected the UN's 1947 partition plan, which would have resulted in a partition of Palestine very much more equal than today's arrangement, instead placing their faith in driving the Jews into the sea. Following the Syrian signature of an armistice,  The UN granted Israel membership in May 1949 by General Assembly Resolution 273 (iii).  By the accepted standards of international law, Israel is not therefore an illegal state.

Obviously, there've been a hell of a lot of bloody and terrible actions by Israel since then, expulsions of Arabs, the illegal occupations following the six day war and oppressive actions against Arabs in the West Bank and Gaza to name only the most obvious. Criticise those by all means, but Jasper's core contentions are just plain wrong and his language suggests a very rabid attitude towards Jews. I'm surprised that anyone should feel they have licence to speak in those terms. I wonder whether he would do so were it not for anonymity?

No, someone with a different perspective from the usual Western propaganda based view. A better and clearer perspective and founded on history and experience. There was no need to create the jew homeland except to help free Europe from jews. Roman Catholics have no homeland, protestants have no homeland, Muslims have no homeland, why should the jew have a homeland? 

This is going nowhere. Kipling was right when he wrote that east is east and west is west. In this matter our differences are irreconcilable. 

Archived