Conservative friends of israel

I'd be israels friend, they've just never asked me for some reason. Is there a conservative friends of uzbekistan i could join instead? Maybe they'd have me. I haven't got much to offer though, it's fair to say.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/priti-patel-israel-family-holiday-politicians-apology-meetings-international-development-secretary-a8040281.html%3famp

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The international development secretary is having secret meetings behind the PM’s back with a foreign government. 

Meanwhile, the foreign secretary has to grovel to his Iranian counterpart because he misspoke endangering a British woman who is under arrest there. 

Expect the Mail or Sun to reach for the box of Corbyn scandals any day now. 

Private not secret - they were put on Twitter etc at the time, but agree she has been genuinely stupid thinking as a minister  of state she could privately meet politicians etc without a civil servant being present or the foreign office being informed in advance. 

If she did it with naive good intent,  that's bad enough. She's a government minister and ought to have known better. Discussing possible development aid to the IDF for 'humanitarian work' absolutely stinks, and further damages  the UK's international reputation. But making out that a 13 day trip with 12 meetings was a holiday stretches plausibity beyond any sensible limit.  She should go, or May should sack her. Whether that happens or not I suspect rests more on how important she is to May's rickety government than on the rights and wrongs of the case.

Archived