Credit Cards for the IOM

Rhumsaa

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 years later...

Just been informed that new American Express cards are no longer available in the IOM ... apparently there has been an instruction issued within the last few days ... applies to CI as well. No-one in the call centre seems to know if or for how long existing cards will be allowed to continue.

On 12/2/2020 at 3:11 PM, VikingRaider said:

Just been informed that new American Express cards are no longer available in the IOM ... apparently there has been an instruction issued within the last few days ... applies to CI as well. No-one in the call centre seems to know if or for how long existing cards will be allowed to continue.

Is this about amex branded cards or the cards directly from amex ?

On 11/10/2017 at 4:20 PM, Neil Down said:

It may have escaped your notice but interest rates are near shite level.

Not a throwaway remark at all, one borne out of never being in debt for things I can't afford (mortgage excluded) . Unlike the younger "must have" generation.

Nothing to do with 'must have'. Its about getting money in a smart way and easing the humps and bumps. If you do it right you can use credit cards and never pay any interest at all. 

1 hour ago, Happier diner said:

Nothing to do with 'must have'. Its about getting money in a smart way and easing the humps and bumps. If you do it right you can use credit cards and never pay any interest at all. 

It's taken you two months to come back with that response...😆

10 hours ago, Neil Down said:

It's taken you two months to come back with that response...😆

Doesn’t mean it not right though.

Lots of benefits to running a credit card that have nothing to do with getting into debt or wanting things you couldn’t otherwise afford.

On 12/12/2020 at 7:09 PM, Happier diner said:

Its about getting money in a smart way and easing the humps and bumps. If you do it right you can use credit cards and never pay any interest at all. 

There is only one smart way to use a credit card: Pay it off in full every month.

Even better if you can collect points, cashback or membership benefits.

On 12/5/2020 at 3:03 PM, VikingRaider said:

Cards directly from Amex ... both business and personal.

I may be wrong but I thought Amex had withdrawn all the UK licences for branded cards a while ago, please post if you know differently.

I've had an amex plat charge card for around 8 years now with an iom address..

I took the charge card as like to pay the balance in full every month and they were brill during the cancellations due to covid .

They have not sent me any notice yet.

Archived