Kid Creole, The Coconuts and ABC

P.K.

Just spent a few nights in York. We went there for the Living North Fair on the racecourse and to see Kid Creole and the Coconuts and ABC.

Kid Creole was an absolute blast! Loads of energy, verve, fun and just joie de vivre.

After all that ABC started off looking a bit pedestrian really. Having the screen above them playing video of their past glories just made them look even more dated. Although they upped their game at the end.

Kid Creole still has his waistband just below his armpits, obligatory hat, two tone shoes and enough energy to carry it all along. By contrast ABC looked like they were just topping off the pension fund.

Mind you, sitting in the front row just in front of the Coconuts might have coloured my view somewhat.

The Coconuts used to look pretty tasty but I can imagine you might need a few pints to think the same with another thirty odd years on them. Unless he's swapped his Coconuts for a newer loverly bunch.

Always thought Stool Pigeon was pretty clever. And Annie: Mama's baby's papa's maybe.............

Trust me the Coconuts have been re-born.

Mrs PK "I'm watching you..."

PK (for it is he) "I'm just wondering which one has the best voice...."

Put them and Kid Creole on your bucket list. For sheer entertainment it's a act hard to beat. As ABC found out....

Mind you the other week we saw Emily Sandy at the MEN. Absolutely excellent.

Go if you can.....

On 11/10/2017 at 9:23 PM, woolley said:

Beneath the brooding exterior you're quite the groupie.

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself!

This month we've also booked to see John Bishop - should be a laugh! Also Robbie Plant and the Sensational Shirt Lifters Space Shifters who really impressed us last time. Especially Justin Adams.

On 10/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, P.K. said:

Just spent a few nights in York. We went there for the Living North Fair on the racecourse and to see Kid Creole and the Coconuts and ABC.

Kid Creole was an absolute blast! Loads of energy, verve, fun and just joie de vivre.

After all that ABC started off looking a bit pedestrian really. Having the screen above them playing video of their past glories just made them look even more dated. Although they upped their game at the end.

Kid Creole still has his waistband just below his armpits, obligatory hat, two tone shoes and enough energy to carry it all along. By contrast ABC looked like they were just topping off the pension fund.

Mind you, sitting in the front row just in front of the Coconuts might have coloured my view somewhat.

who goes to a gig to sit:rolleyes: i always thought york had high standards but it appears they let anyone in.......

its a shame pk wasn't near the barwalls after dark, they can still shoot foreigners.....

3 hours ago, woody2 said:

who goes to a gig to sit:rolleyes: i always thought york had high standards but it appears they let anyone in.......

its a shame pk wasn't near the barwalls after dark, they can still shoot foreigners.....

I've had you on "ignore" pretty much since you started posting in Manglish but as it's a thread about music I thought I would take a look at your doggerel.

Yep, a waste of time, no improvement.

The York Barbican is an excellent venue as it's somewhat on the small side - and located outside of the walls....

On 10/11/2017 at 7:47 PM, P.K. said:

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

The York Barbican is an excellent venue as it's somewhat on the small side - and located outside of the walls....

first it was the racecourse and now you say the  barbican:rolleyes: #fakenews

the barbican looks like a toilet and sounds like one, not much you can tell me about touring venues, been in he game 30+ years.....

as for the "excellent venue" its a shame the libdums shut it for years to save money only for it to cost more to keep it closed:lol: then the massive refurb costs on top.....

i won't mention the pool next door the libdums also shut and knocked down, selling the land for housing, the people of york are still waiting for the new pool....

next......

Archived