Where's Allan Bell

yootalkin2me

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spoke to him a few months ago. No call from or involvement with Govt.

I've heard since he is pursuing some business interests.

He might be a wally spendthrift politically...but he is good at PR and flannel and would be quite useful defending the island's interests at these, currently, troubled times.

I'm not sure why the whereabouts of a private citizen is worthy of public discussion. He's no longer in politics and is entitled to as much privacy as the rest of us.

Does the job description for a publicly-elected post include a warning that a lifetime of social media harassment is included with the post ?

Are elected officials not entitled to a private life, even after they retire ?

I'm not sure that democracy works very well if we say it's acceptable to harass elected representatives on their past work, even after they cease the "job" of representing their electorate.

Having a workplace pension, whoever pays for it, doesn't give the entitlement to engage in personal abuse for the rest of their lives, any more than chucking stones through the windows of retired bank managers because of the financial crisis.

1 hour ago, the stinking enigma said:

Spotted walking ramrod straight like he had a broomstick up his arse in ramsey this weekend.

He's certainly spent much of the summer out and about in Ramsey though I'm not sure that tight "gay icon" t-shirts are exactly befitting of a man in his 70's....:lol:

Archived