Beecroft just go - this is simply a total disgrace

Juan Kerr

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎06‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 8:53 PM, 2112 said:

If it’s true, what could happen is, he retires and is promptly hired in another capacity. The IOM Government has form in this matter. I’m sure the TT hierarchy needs more managers!

It wants them. It does not need them though.

On 12/6/2017 at 8:53 PM, 2112 said:

If it’s true, what could happen is, he retires and is promptly hired in another capacity. The IOM Government has form in this matter. I’m sure the TT hierarchy needs more managers!

the problem is that "the TT hierarchy" seems to  doing it's best to loose quite a few of the unpaid foot soldiers IMO

On 12/5/2017 at 5:24 PM, Roger Mexico said:

It may be that she wanted to get rid of Malcolm Couch because she didn't trust him not to do that.  Certainly some of these bogus 'savings' seem to have been in the pipeline for a while and more likely to be civil-service originated.

Re. second sentence - what evidence do you have for that speculation?

I have known politicians and senior civil servants in my time.  The former are ego-driven morons largely who want only to find something to be famous for.  They do not want to be infamous.  Civil servants are not in control - their minister calls the shots on everything.  I can only assume that the DHSC politicians and civil servants are trying to control their budget mess - which forum members scream for every day - but who will ever agree with a cut?

11 minutes ago, Boo Gay'n said:

Civil servants are not in control - their minister calls the shots on everything. 

This has the ring of authenticity to me. There is simply no way that egotistical, show-off, pontificating know-alls like (for example) Quayle, Beecroft, Cregeen and Boot would tamely sit back (especially in private) while senior civil servants said “ We know best sonny Jim, now shut the fuck up and do this”. Not a chance in hell. So many posters on here seem to think that every conceivable plan, action, statement and policy are exclusively civil service in origin. For sure some must be, but I’ll bet it’s a minority. I’d say that trying to corral COMIN is nigh on impossible, both collectively and individually. And has been for years.

13 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

This has the ring of authenticity to me. There is simply no way that egotistical, show-off, pontificating know-alls like (for example) Quayle, Beecroft, Cregeen and Boot would tamely sit back (especially in private) while senior civil servants said “ We know best sonny Jim, now shut the fuck up and do this”. Not a chance in hell. So many posters on here seem to think that every conceivable plan, action, statement and policy are exclusively civil service in origin. For sure some must be, but I’ll bet it’s a minority. I’d say that trying to corral COMIN is nigh on impossible, both collectively and individually. And has been for years.

I have to disagree with you here.

Look at the gang of 24 ( forget the others) and try to imagine them forming any sort of policy.

They could not form a fucking queue. All the knowledge and experience is with the senior civil servants, that's what they are paid for.

The 24 may feel like conducts. They sure as hell are not the orchestra that makes the music.

Dilli I fully agree with your assessment of their individual and collective acumen and intellect but I’m (perhaps poorly) attempting to describe a different thing. When you listen to the puffed up, self-serving drivel routinely spewed out by Quayle, can you imagine that he pauses for breath to listen to civil servants and, my god, actually accept that they know more than him? I can’t -  I think the man probably regards himself as nigh on infallible. He’s not alone in that among Ministers I’d say. Nor is he the first. By the same token, the great Eddie Teare taking advice from pen pushers..? Not bloody likely.

I doubt it's 100% either way. The senior civil servants present the options they choose to present in a way that favours the decision they want.

The MHK/Minister/CM then muddies the water depending on whoever has recently lobbied him (or spoke to him in the pub).

And the outcome....lunacy.

That said, a few of the actors in our little drama tend to crop up a little more often than the rest. Bell, Shimmin, Couch...

I think Quayle is an idiot. But he's not to blame for Health (or the economy). And neither is Beecroft.

1 hour ago, Mr Shoe said:

I doubt it's 100% either way. The senior civil servants present the options they choose to present in a way that favours the decision they want.

The MHK/Minister/CM then muddies the water depending on whoever has recently lobbied him (or spoke to him in the pub).

And the outcome....lunacy.

That said, a few of the actors in our little drama tend to crop up a little more often than the rest. Bell, Shimmin, Couch...

I think Quayle is an idiot. But he's not to blame for Health (or the economy). And neither is Beecroft.

Beecroft could not get into that role fast enough, She destroyed the careers of some good and loyal folk to get in there to satisfy her own needs. Bet she's sorry now though.

But yes Quayle is guilty too, because he engineered the process that let him become CM and her become Health "boss" They have to live with that.:o

Archived