Beecroft just go - this is simply a total disgrace

Juan Kerr

So instead of reigning in staff costs, managing the business properly, or looking for staff savings or other behind the scenes cost cutting the next idea from the geniuses in the DHSC is to charge more of the elderly for incontinence pads

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=37387&headline=Tuesday is news day: Examiner reports that elderly are facing charges for incontinence pads&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

The management are without doubt a total disgrace every single one of them. I never had any time for Bettison but if she has resigned in the last few days. Well done! Beecroft is a total disgrace. How Liberal Vannin can continue being fronted by this heartless Maggie Thatcher clone is simply incredible. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

So instead of reigning in staff costs, managing the business properly, or looking for staff savings or other behind the scenes cost cutting the next idea from the geniuses in the DHSC is to charge more of the elderly for incontinence pads

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=37387&headline=Tuesday is news day: Examiner reports that elderly are facing charges for incontinence pads&sectionIs=NEWS&searchyear=2017

The management are without doubt a total disgrace every single one of them. I never had any time for Bettison but if she has resigned in the last few days. Well done! Beecroft is a total disgrace. How Liberal Vannin can continue being fronted by this heartless Maggie Thatcher clone is simply incredible. 

Why should incontinence pads be free? Just because they're free in some parts of the UK (but by no means all) doesn't mean they should be free everywhere, does it?

Money's tight, getting tighter. be glad someone's addressing this.

I'm not trying to be funny - I'm deadly serious. They've got no quality of life, it's a greater evil to keep them alive in that state of utter suffering than to peacefully send them off. 

Also, if they're in that state, odds are their money is going to be used for care anyway. It's not like they're going to be spending the money on anything else if they're in that state! 

2 minutes ago, Tarne said:

I'm not trying to be funny - I'm deadly serious. They've got no quality of life, it's a greater evil to keep them alive in that state of utter suffering than to peacefully send them off. 

Also, if they're in that state, odds are their money is going to be used for care anyway. It's not like they're going to be spending the money on anything else if they're in that state! 

And it seems that the OP didn't read the whole article.

9 minutes ago, GD4ELI said:

Why should incontinence pads be free? Just because they're free in some parts of the UK (but by no means all) doesn't mean they should be free everywhere, does it?

Money's tight, getting tighter. be glad someone's addressing this.

There really is a lot of caring sharing people who post on here isn’t there? I think it’s a disgrace and I think that they should surely be able to find savings eleswere before taking actions like this. Beecroft is simply turning out to be the worse possible type of politician. 

1 minute ago, Juan Kerr said:

There really is a lot of caring sharing people who post on here isn’t there? I think it’s a disgrace and I think that they should surely be able to find savings eleswere before taking actions like this. Beecroft is simply turning out to be the worse possible type of politician. 

The only thing you'll see is cuts. Get used to it.

The whole of DHSC is ripe for money saving etc, from the hospital operations to the health centres. The trouble is the elderly area is the easiest to cut, I mean look at the level of protest. In all honesty, if areas of the NSC are cut or wholesale and increased charges are levelled, I bet there will be uproar. The idiots in charge of the island will not cut anything related to their beloved motorsports, or really increase charges to increase revenues. I have no qualms paying increases or paying for something previously received free. However, these charges and increases are being levelled at one group in our society. Why not look at facilities that young, old, rich and poor use and charge accordingly. Where it’s under utilised then get rid or privatise. 

1 minute ago, 2112 said:

The whole of DHSC is ripe for money saving etc, from the hospital operations to the health centres. The trouble is the elderly area is the easiest to cut, I mean look at the level of protest. In all honesty, if areas of the NSC are cut or wholesale and increased charges are levelled, I bet there will be uproar. The idiots in charge of the island will not cut anything related to their beloved motorsports, or really increase charges to increase revenues. I have no qualms paying increases or paying for something previously received free. However, these charges and increases are being levelled at one group in our society. Why not look at facilities that young, old, rich and poor use and charge accordingly. Where it’s under utilised then get rid or privatise. 

Totally agree. We could cut £20m of operating expense from government tomorrow without even having to consider this sort of miserly, pathetic, crap. Beecroft and her team are a complete disgrace. 

36 minutes ago, Juan Kerr said:

I never had any time for Bettison but if she has resigned in the last few days. Well done! 

As Ms Bettison had accepted a governmental position at DHSC to represent our interests, and for which she received additional remuneration from the public purse, it’s simply not good enough for her to now say, in respect of her resignation, that it’s “an internal matter” about which she will not elaborate. That was a public position you occupied Ms Bettison and we who pay your salary deserve a public explanation as to why you chose to relinquish it. 

8 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

As Ms Bettison had accepted a governmental position at DHSC to represent our interests, and for which she received additional remuneration from the public purse, it’s simply not good enough for her to now say, in respect of her resignation, that it’s “an internal matter” about which she will not elaborate. That was a public position you occupied Ms Bettison and we who pay your salary deserve a public explanation as to why you chose to relinquish it. 

The press report is now here

http://www.iomtoday.co.im/article.cfm?id=37388&headline=Bettison resigns from DHSC&sectionIs=news&searchyear=2017

I agree she should explain why she has stepped down, but in a week where they are now charging the elderly for incontinence pads who can honestly blame her? And she’s a claimed Tory. She’s obviously not as Tory as Liberal Vannins Maggie Thatcher clone though is she? 

Archived