Beecroft just go - this is simply a total disgrace

Juan Kerr

8 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Beecroft lost it a long time ago. She hasn't been in control up there for months now. If she ever was. 

They all need a kick in the balls. Can’t see any current Minister or MHK capable of doing there what needs to be done. Same with a few other departments of government. It’s gone past the tipping point now and Allan Bell knew it when he threw the towel in. We’re fucked and it isn’t going to get any better as the reason why were fucked is the people who are still daily fucking the taxpayer with impunity. 

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm no particular fan of Beecroft but while she is the can-carrier as minister, these decisions are being made by civil servants and accountants...

I find it impossible to believe that service cuts such as this are actively implemented and announced in the public domain without the agreement of the Minister. If she’s unaware of them/not condoning them then just what the hell is she doing?

46 minutes ago, Andy Onchan said:

One day sonny, one day.....

Bit off topic, but I remember the kids and their pals having a go at 'baldy bastards'. I see some of them now, less than a decade later, and I ask them if they still talk about baldy bastards. Nah, they're baldy bastards themselves.

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm no particular fan of Beecroft but while she is the can-carrier as minister, these decisions are being made by civil servants and accountants, all of whom are most unlikely to look for economies within their own positions and rank-and-file.

I think you would be surprised how much power our MHKs and 'Ministers' (*sniggers*) actually have. And use.

It is frightening.

(Oh, and the civil servants have been doing their jobs a long time, they've seen 'em come and go - they know which decisions to let the politicians carry the can for)

I remember reading a couple of months back about the UK NHS having to cut £22 billion out of their budget by 2020. So I Googled it. There was one comment on the Sun newspaper website on the issue of blatant misuse of the system etc, and it went like this:

The majority of money wasted is through the system of getting prescriptions from GPs and going to Chemists to get the drugs. A GP gets 120k a year pay, he writes a prescription for statins, the patient goes to the chemist and pays his prescription cost or gets it for free, you get your 28 statin tablets that the chemist bought for £1.25 then sends the prescription off with a charge of £14.50, if the patent paid £8.30, the chemist claims £6.20.

On average there is a 800% mark up on the drugs charged by chemists to the NHS, is there a kick back to the GP? Drug companies are desparate to get more and more 7 day prescriptions, on antibiotics GPs will only prescribe 7 day supply this guarantees that many ill patients have to get a second course, take heart patients, they have five drugs to take every day for life, those monthly 140 drugs cost about £15.80, the chemist charge the NHS up to £650.00 for those same drugs and there are millions of people on these prescriptions. The Government want to privatise te NHS and so turn a blind eye to this scam.

I wonder to what extent IOM Taxpayer is being screwed for?

45 minutes ago, Uhtred said:

I find it impossible to believe that service cuts such as this are actively implemented and announced in the public domain without the agreement of the Minister. If she’s unaware of them/not condoning them then just what the hell is she doing?

Makes one wonder if such as this is the reason Quayle says we don't need an "Old People's Champion"...?

4 hours ago, Tarne said:

I'm not trying to be funny - I'm deadly serious. They've got no quality of life, it's a greater evil to keep them alive in that state of utter suffering than to peacefully send them off. 

Also, if they're in that state, odds are their money is going to be used for care anyway. It's not like they're going to be spending the money on anything else if they're in that state! 

If you are not trying to be funny, you are just a total dickhead who really shouldn't be tolerated on a public forum.

4 hours ago, Tarne said:

I'm not trying to be funny - I'm deadly serious. They've got no quality of life, it's a greater evil to keep them alive in that state of utter suffering than to peacefully send them off.

Also, if they're in that state, odds are their money is going to be used for care anyway. It's not like they're going to be spending the money on anything else if they're in that state!

What's wrong with you man?  Seriously?  Why are you still here?  People know exactly what you're doing, posting your silly controversial and juvenille little quips to try and get a rise.  Grow up you stupid little fucker.

8 hours ago, Tarne said:

Ah hahaha. Yes, cleanse the island of the elderly. Wash away the elderly infidels. 

I would like to ask the Manx community and the forum administrators this: Is it acceptable to incite murder? Is it acceptable to call the public to exterminate elderly people? I find it frightening and apalling that there is no public outcry after such an incident.

I will give the forum administration 10 minutes. After this time I will call the police and report forum administrators and the poster of the call to exterminate elderly citizens.

3 minutes ago, Edward Boyes said:

I would like to ask the Manx community and the forum administrartors this: Is it acceptable to incite murder? Is it acceptable to call the public to exterminate elderly people? I find it frightening and apalling that there is no public outcry after such an incident.

I will give the forum administration 10 minutes. After this time I will call the police and report forum administrators and the poster of the call to exterminate elderly citizens.

Sorry Matey,

The police don't have enough money to start putting down the elderly, you & Tarne will have to do it yourselves.

6 hours ago, Uhtred said:

As Ms Bettison had accepted a governmental position at DHSC to represent our interests, and for which she received additional remuneration from the public purse, it’s simply not good enough for her to now say, in respect of her resignation, that it’s “an internal matter” about which she will not elaborate. That was a public position you occupied Ms Bettison and we who pay your salary deserve a public explanation as to why you chose to relinquish it. 

Clare Bettison has also been a Departmental Member of Home Affairs since the government was formed so (like Rob Callister when he resigned) she won't lose out financially and the taxpayer didn't have to pay out any more because she was a member of DHSC. 

That said, you would still think that the public in general and her constituents in particular deserve some sort of explanation.  The Manx Civil Service seems to operate on a code of omertà, where it is forbidden for any serving civil servant to be criticised, no matter how incompetent, illegal or corrupt their actions have been.  The law of silence now seems to be extended to the very politicians who are supposed to be controlling them.

5 hours ago, 2112 said:

Incidentally, I believe that Clare Bettison is suffering Ill health, Kate Beecroft is the same and Hooperman is in a UK hospital undergoing serious medical treatment. Perhaps it could be said that LibLabVan without any representation is on its way out?

The report of Edge resigning mentioned that Hooper was "[r]eacting to the news from his hospital bed in Sheffield, [when] he took to Twitter, saying; 'it's a complete fabrication', and 'she's outright lied to her constituents'".  Though that rather makes you wonder how he knew those things if he was stuck in a hospital in Sheffield. 

It also mentioned that Beecroft was ill and unable to give a reaction.  Both were also given leave of absence from today's Keys, though Hooper (but not Beecroft) was there last week,  but ill earlier in the month.  Bettison was at both, but it's bad if she has health problems as well - especially as she and Hooper are the youngest members of the Keys. 

Beecroft has been not well on and off for some time and it's possible that some decisions are being taken and implemented taking advantage of her absences.  It may be that she wanted to get rid of Malcolm Couch because she didn't trust him not to do that.  Certainly some of these bogus 'savings' seem to have been in the pipeline for a while and more likely to be civil-service originated.

1 hour ago, Edward Boyes said:

I would like to ask the Manx community and the forum administrartors this: Is it acceptable to incite murder? Is it acceptable to call the public to exterminate elderly people? I find it frightening and apalling that there is no public outcry after such an incident.

He's just trying to get a reaction from us with his outrageous but hardly serious rants.

We wont give him that satisfaction though.             Will we???

ps. What did the police say?

Archived