Beecroft just go - this is simply a total disgrace

Juan Kerr

I'm no particular fan of Beecroft but while she is the can-carrier as minister, these decisions are being made by civil servants and accountants, all of whom are most unlikely to look for economies within their own positions and rank-and-file.

Until somebody is willing to do so, the easy targets will continue to be hit, even if the savings are relatively miniscule. £40k is one salary.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

I'm no particular fan of Beecroft but while she is the can-carrier as minister, these decisions are being made by civil servants and accountants, all of whom are most unlikely to look for economies within their own positions and rank-and-file.

Until somebody is willing to do so, the easy targets will continue to be hit, even if the savings are relatively miniscule. £40k is one salary.

I agree with you there but I’m sick to death of it. We almost need the UK to take control to force these people to act in the interests of the population and not themselves. These sort of cuts are pathetic, truly pathetic and they sham the Island. But instead of looking at themselves this is all that is going to happen. Beecroft is fronting this by accepting that this is sensible policy when it is not. The civil servants and their utter contempt for the public who pays their wages always wins on this Island. 

I don’t know what Howard’s going to do? Nothing of what he’s done up to now is anything to go by. It’s come to the point where I’d rather David Anderson was back at Health, as Minister, at least he couldn’t sink any lower. 

5 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know what Howard’s going to do? Nothing of what he’s done up to now is anything to go by. It’s come to the point where I’d rather David Anderson was back at Health, as Minister, at least he couldn’t sink any lower. 

You probably have something there. Anderson did bugger all except, at most, wimper to the civil servants. He certainly didn't know how to reply to emails or telephone calls, but there again he says he only bothers his arse to do that for his constituents. I hope I am not being too offensive when I call him a useless sack of shit. But aye, under certain circumstances probably better than someone making decisions who might make the wrong one (better to keep your mouth shut.... etc).

18 minutes ago, 2112 said:

I don’t know what Howard’s going to do?

Howard is a huge disappointment so far. He is letting the civil servants run the show which is basically leaving a bunch of sharks patrolling a swimming pool. He needs to get the backing of Legco to rip through the CS and get that ASAP as COMIN relies on the CS to much to keep in control of IOMG. This is the time where the non political upper house needs to stand up for the good of the IOM and back the CM to wield the sword before it’s too late. 

Incidentally, I believe that Clare Bettison is suffering Ill health, Kate Beecroft is the same and Hooperman is in a UK hospital undergoing serious medical treatment. Perhaps it could be said that LibLabVan without any representation is on its way out?

33 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

i hear the railways has just ordered 5 new boilers......

9 minutes ago, 2112 said:

Incidentally, I believe that Clare Bettison is suffering Ill health, Kate Beecroft is the same and Hooperman is in a UK hospital undergoing serious medical treatment. Perhaps it could be said that LibLabVan without any representation is on its way out?

Let’s hope they all have private healthcare then; otherwise they’re fucked. 

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Howard is a huge disappointment so far. He is letting the civil servants run the show which is basically leaving a bunch of sharks patrolling a swimming pool. He needs to get the backing of Legco to rip through the CS and get that ASAP as COMIN relies on the CS to much to keep in control of IOMG. This is the time where the non political upper house needs to stand up for the good of the IOM and back the CM to wield the sword before it’s too late. 

I think you're referring to a different planet. Will not happen.

14 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

There’s 4 MLC seats up for grabs soon. If you got the right people in there you could try to turn the ship round. It has to come from there though to drive down through the CM and COMIN. 

They'll almost certainly be filled by the next batch of unlikely-to-be-re-elected MHKs and farmer's and establishment reps. Boat-rockers need not apply.

Anything involving change needed to start happening at least 8 years ago. It didn't then and unless somebody has a seismic light-switch moment it'll still not happen. £50k a year is not to be sniffed at for going with the flow.

2 hours ago, Tarne said:

I'm not trying to be funny - I'm deadly serious. They've got no quality of life, it's a greater evil to keep them alive in that state of utter suffering than to peacefully send them off. 

Also, if they're in that state, odds are their money is going to be used for care anyway. It's not like they're going to be spending the money on anything else if they're in that state! 

One day sonny, one day.....

Archived