Manx Gas MD to resign (?)

thesultanofsheight

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, P.K. said:

AKA "Pick a number"

Just shows you that direct action is far more effective at creating change than moaning on the internet. Well done Barry. Hopefully we will start protesting more about all sorts of things that are wrong until politicians actually get off their asses and enforce change, or other people complicit in screwing the public vote with their feet. 

55 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Just shows you that direct action is far more effective at creating change than moaning on the internet. Well done Barry. Hopefully we will start protesting more about all sorts of things that are wrong until politicians actually get off their asses and enforce change, or other people complicit in screwing the public vote with their feet. 

Do you really believe about 50 people had an input on this decision???

7 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Do you really believe about 50 people had an input on this decision???

Of course not MDs of Manx Gas resign all the time dont they Neil? Nice to see that while people like yourself confine their activities to anonymous internet moaning there are others who are out protesting and seeing some results of that protesting. I hope this is a template of things to come. There’s plenty to get angry about the way the IOM is run. Hopefully we’ll see a few more protests next year not just more senseless internet moaning that people ignore. It’s certainly helped in this situation. I can’t imagine his bosses like people protesting outside his office creating bad publicity for Manx Gas. Well done Barry Murphy and Co. 

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Of course not MDs of Manx Gas resign all the time dont they Neil? Nice to see that while people like yourself confine their activities to anonymous internet moaning there are others who are out protesting and seeing some results of that protesting. I hope this is a template of things to come. There’s plenty to get angry about the way the IOM is run. Hopefully we’ll see a few more protests next year not just more senseless internet moaning that people ignore. It’s certainly helped in this situation. I can’t imagine his bosses like people protesting outside his office creating bad publicity for Manx Gas. Well done Barry Murphy and Co. 

The time to get angry is around election time. A few people outside MG will not change anything. However, it remains to be seen what will happen once he's gone. Don't count your chickens...

4 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

The time to get angry is around election time. A few people outside MG will not change anything. However, it remains to be seen what will happen once he's gone. Don't count your chickens...

I dont have any chickens. The guy has clearly resigned which would indicate to me that the pressure of the protests has been effective. He’s been in place since 2010 so why resign now if it isn’t connected? As I said a few more internet moaners should maybe get off their asses and start protesting about stuff and we might find that a hell of a lot more starts to happen to turn this place around. 

Just now, thesultanofsheight said:

I dont have any chickens. The guy has clearly resigned which would indicate to me that the pressure of the protests has been effective. He’s been in place since 2010 so why resign now if it isn’t connected? As I said a few more internet moaners should maybe get off their asses and start protesting about stuff and we might find that a hell of a lot more starts to happen to turn this place around. 

In other words, you haven't a clue why he's resigned. Attributing it to a few protesters is laughable. For the record, I don't recall moaning about this. Nor am I likely to given I use gas for a cooker and that's it. Feel free though to carry on casting your aspersions

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

In other words, you haven't a clue why he's resigned. Attributing it to a few protesters is laughable. For the record, I don't recall moaning about this. Nor am I likely to given I use gas for a cooker and that's it. Feel free though to carry on casting your aspersions

The guy has resigned after a series of persistent protests about gas prices, and a lot of pressure being applied to Manx Gas and COMIN. You go figure. Looks to most people like that form of protest is a lot more effective than the now standard format of clueless internet moaning doesn’t it’? 

57 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

The guy has resigned after a series of persistent protests about gas prices, and a lot of pressure being applied to Manx Gas and COMIN. You go figure. Looks to most people like that form of protest is a lot more effective than the now standard format of clueless internet moaning doesn’t it’? 

I have no idea, you seem to be the expert in this field...

Archived