Manx Gas MD to resign (?)

thesultanofsheight

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, Andy Onchan said:

But the way things are at the moment the UK won't have any gas either.

It would probably be under some pressure as 38% seems to come from European pipelines and could be diverted en route, though a lot of that 38% presumably comes directly from Norway via the Langeled pipeline.  The British Isles are probably better protected than most parts of Europe though.  The amount generated by renewables is also increasing.

infographic showing percentages of where uk gas comes from

22 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Incidentally does anyone know who the Directors of Manx Gas are?  The website is useless (its last News is about the cock ups over the letter in May) and I can't see the info elsewhere.

The MHK or the MLC one's?

8 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Perhaps, Roger is right it’s hard to see anything in the public domain. Obviously you can see via the companies registry but I’m not sure if you can post that info up on here as it’s not public data. 

It isn't?

16 hours ago, slinkydevil said:

I'm presuming: http://i-e-g.com/whos-who

Those are clearly the main Executive Directors, but I was thinking more of the non-Execs (which was what the insinuations were about), both of IEG and (if it exists as a separate company) of Manx Gas.  That site doesn't even tell you who the Chair of IEG is - presumably someone from Ancala Partners who now own it

Incidentally I see that earlier this year in May:

Ancala Partners LLP (‘Ancala’), the independent mid-market infrastructure investment manager, and The Peel Group, one of the UK’s leading private real estate investment and infrastructure companies, today announced a joint venture to establish an independent multi-utility operator to be named Leep Utilities (‘Leep’).

Ancala has acquired a 50% share in part of Peel’s existing utilities business, which owns and operates a range of private and regulated ‘last mile’ electricity, water and district heating utility assets. The new entity will provide a platform offering a complete utilities solution to new residential and commercial developments.

Peel’s current multi-utility platform has over 2,000 connections to homes and businesses, including MediaCityUK, intu Trafford Centre, Liverpool Waters and Liverpool International Business Park.  The business is licensed by Ofgem and Ofwat to own and operate electricity and water networks within the group’s portfolio.  Leep Utilities will build on these foundations by continuing to provide and expand its offering to Peel developments, whilst bringing much-needed competition in the market for utility connections to new UK commercial and domestic schemes.

It's a small world.  (Incidentally aren't most of those connections as listed Peel Group properties).

I just wanted to do an update on this. I'll try to keep posting throughout the year.

*******************UPDATES*******************

Two updates. First is in relation to the situation we found ourselves in last week regarding Facebook Comments by Political members. I can confirm

The Committee will request to Cabinet Office that they write to all members of Tynwald reminding them of the on going enquiry and asking them to engage in the process as well via submissions to the Committee. It is the formal process after all.

And secondly

The Chairman of the OFT has determined that the issue of Manx Gas Standing Charges (BANDING) is properly a matter for consideration by the OFT Board and it will be included on the Agenda for the next meeting which is scheduled for the second week in January. 

Have a great week. 
Barry

On 12/13/2017 at 10:49 PM, thesultanofsheight said:

Perhaps, Roger is right it’s hard to see anything in the public domain. Obviously you can see via the companies registry but I’m not sure if you can post that info up on here as it’s not public data. 

Do they, as a private company, have to publish a list of directors or register their names with the registry?

• 5 weeks later...

We have just received our gas bill for the previous 2 months and am very happy with it, £200, so approx £25 per week, we used to run solid fuel with all the shit that brings but i doubt you would get a bag of coal for that these days.A HAPPY GAS CUSTOMER.

Archived