Car advice

thebees

I am thinking about getting a new (to me) car. Looking to spend no more than £7,000, engine size max 1.4, 5dr, would prefer part leather interior, the colour is not that important (as long as it is not royal blue and it is red, black, white, purple or bronze) so far I have picked a Toyota Urban Cruiser, Honda Civic, VW Golf and this Alfa. I'm going to get it later in the week and welcome any advice. I'm a little bit in love with the Alfa but I have an idea that there is no one to fix them over here or something like that. I suppose it will be a VW or Honda, they're nice enough, good reviews, etc. I don't know about the Golf, are Volkswagens perhaps a bit tinny? Anyone got anything bad to say about Honda Civic's? 

I also had a look at some other cars, like Skoda and Seat, I don't know, I half like them but then, it's just a car and well, you know? I really like the Alfa... Paging Mission :) There is another Alfa, wait while I show you ... see, niiiice car

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Buy German or Japanese.  You may fall in love with the Alfa, and if you do I know where they can be serviced.  If what I hear is true though, you'll have the garage on speed-dial.

Yeah, bargepole :)

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

German to many reliability issues, Japan or Korean if you want bomb proof.

Yup, I'd throw Kia and Hyundai in the mix, 7k would still get you a car with manufacturers warranty, yes they are a bit boring but for something that's cheap and reliable you can't go wrong, parts are also cheap.

7 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Yup, I'd throw Kia and Hyundai in the mix, 7k would still get you a car with manufacturers warranty, yes they are a bit boring but for something that's cheap and reliable you can't go wrong, parts are also cheap.

If you are talking KIA, this is the one I would give a kidney for.

http://www.kia.com/eu/campaigns-and-redirects/proceed-gt/

7 minutes ago, finlo said:

Hyundai/ Kia have now overtaken the mainstream brands and are now going for the big guns much to most people's disbeliefl

and good luck to them too :)

and why not ? 

that KIA CEED GT is amazing. My car new would cost a lot more than that but would look dated along side it. I saw one in Spain about a year before we in the BI saw them. Love at first site :wub:

Archived