Car advice

thebees

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The "I don't want a mum/nanna bus" line is something I've heard from several mid-life-crisis ladies, who all subsequently went out and bought convertibles. I'm sure it's a hormonal thing, maybe the roof down helps with the hot flushes.

Mind you, going topless will be cheap this time of year.  There are a few convertible Mini Coopers, SLK's, MX-5's etc. around in your price bracket, they don't all have to be tartan-slipper shopping-trolley specials. 

23 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

The "I don't want a mum/nanna bus" line is something I've heard from several mid-life-crisis ladies, who all subsequently went out and bought convertibles. I'm sure it's a hormonal thing, maybe the roof down helps with the hot flushes.

Mind you, going topless will be cheap this time of year.  There are a few convertible Mini Coopers, SLK's, MX-5's etc. around in your price bracket, they don't all have to be tartan-slipper shopping-trolley specials. 

;

1 hour ago, doc.fixit said:

.........I can only buy what's available, (within reason), at a price I can afford.......having said that I would love another Zodiac mk 2 lowline or even a Cresta.........really would but ooh. the prices...........:huh:

Yes to the Cresta.:) Our dad had a Wyvern when we were kids.:)

25 minutes ago, The Bastard said:

Yers are all dead. I've never fancied going topless, my friend did it years ago the roof was saggy and leaked, not really the dream I imagined.  

Talking of dreams, I had a great dream about penguins last night, they were jumping through a loop I'd made with my arms on an iceberg, perhaps it was the weather but it was super real & I remembered it this morning.  

I've given up looking at cars now, today I've been looking at gym memberships instead. I like lots of cars but I'm going to hold out until next month and see how I feel then.

3 minutes ago, thebees said:

Yers are all dead. I've never fancied going topless, my friend did it years ago the roof was saggy and leaked, not really the dream I imagined.  

Talking of dreams, I had a great dream about penguins last night, they were jumping through a loop I'd made with my arms on an iceberg, perhaps it was the weather but it was super real & I remembered it this morning.  

I've given up looking at cars now, today I've been looking at gym memberships instead. I like lots of cars but I'm going to hold out until next month and see how I feel then.

Whether you choose the gym or the car to hold out for a month will probably make a fair difference to how you feel then :)

19 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Those are Pa's surely the first incarnations? Followed by the Pb and the Pc.

ETA the lowly spec ones were badged as Velox's

26 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You win Dilli Dr Google says there was a Cresta E that precedes the PA.

Isn't the MX5 the car for middle-aged women and 20-something males who want to be racers on a budget?

The Mini Convertible reeks of middle age and trying to be trendy too.

There are the hard-top convertibles which try to get rid of the bad parts of owning a soft-top, at the cost of a heavier roof with more electronics controlling it.  However, they're not necessarily married to reliable cars (think the Peugeot 307 CC)

Archived