Public 'prepared' to pay for healthcare

Galen

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Saw this and instantly thought about our health service :pinch:

Tony Benn.jpg

That could safely be applied across IoM Local and Central Govt.

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Tony Benn was a twat. :angry:

I have met him and heard him speak , an impressive orator.......  I felt it a bit ironic that he was a 'working class hero' given his personal circumstances . I wouldn't  listen to  his son :lol:

Liked ND's quote , reminded me of the captain of the roman galley who generally treated the slave oarsmen badly until one day they were provided with a feast and beer . when they asked why they were told that the captain fancied a go at water skiing that afternoon.

I used to think that until I met him. After that, I listened a bit closer to what he had to say and had to agree that he had remarkable insight into many subjects. However he also had many well practised soundbites that peppered his speeches.

40 minutes ago, ballaughbiker said:

I used to think that until I met him. After that, I listened a bit closer to what he had to say and had to agree that he had remarkable insight into many subjects. However he also had many well practised soundbites that peppered his speeches.

Yeah, I always loved these well heeled left wingers who could never have lived by their "own set of views". Hypocrite

The fact of the matter is we have already paid...upfront with NI and our employers have paid.  Unfortunately people do get ill and have to be treated but there are people who have never been in hospital, keep well away from Doctors and pay privately for dental care, and still contributing to the pot.   Then there are those who get private health care with their job....and they are still contributing so something is going wrong.   

6 hours ago, hissingsid said:

The fact of the matter is we have already paid...upfront with NI and our employers have paid.  Unfortunately people do get ill and have to be treated but there are people who have never been in hospital, keep well away from Doctors and pay privately for dental care, and still contributing to the pot.   Then there are those who get private health care with their job....and they are still contributing so something is going wrong.   

Correct. We do not pay enough in. Simple.

Archived