Public 'prepared' to pay for healthcare

Galen

49 minutes ago, asitis said:

Eddie Teares pension meddling is at the root of many problems....a senior guy in government...said to me " we told him not to do these things "

How true that is I don't know....

I'll bet it's entirely true.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, j2bad said:

Being obese, drinking excessively, smoking all are known to cause major health problems and cause complications with treatment, fair enough you enjoy being a fat drunk but don't expect free healthcare for your poor choices as you are taking more than your fair share Mr greedy guts.

WTF, you're in a foul nasty mood today,go back to bed.

3 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I hear that pretty much in most NHS circles the IOMG scheme is well known as pretty much a joke scheme with no money in it. I doubt it will encourage more people to come over. In fact I understand the pitiful state of the IOMG scheme is the main reason for the recruitment problems in the NHS and teaching as people dont want to come here or move their benefits across hence the considerable number of locums and agency workers at the Hospital.

As for the gravy train comments - get used to them as the accusation is going to get leveled even more as absolutely nothing continues to be done about government waste other than us be asked to pay them more of our money to gloss over their incompetence.

You're spot on regarding recruitment; it's estimated (and I'm pulling figures from memory here) that about 70% of the GP's on the Island are due to retire within the next ten years with little chance of replacing them.

This was pointed out to IOMG when they made the decision.

16 minutes ago, The Lurker said:

You're spot on regarding recruitment; it's estimated (and I'm pulling figures from memory here) that about 70% of the GP's on the Island are due to retire within the next ten years with little chance of replacing them.

This was pointed out to IOMG when they made the decision.

That doesn’t surprise me as someone quite high up in the DHSC told me a few years ago that the pension was the big reason why they can’t get anyone to move across. Nobody wants to take the financial risk or trusts IOMG to fix the matter either - was what I was told. The cupboard is bare and most of the people in the NHS are intelligent enough to do the research and ask the questions. In effect in an attempt to look after themselves the civil service has screwed just about every other area of government over by combining everything into one great big pension scheme that has absolutely no money in it. I believe the same issues exist for teaching staff. There seemed to be more trust when the money was just being used and accumulated for teachers who were at least throwing a good chunk of their wages in. 

42 minutes ago, twinkle said:

WTF, you're in a foul nasty mood today,go back to bed.

Sorry forgot this is totally the wrong place to have an open discussion about obesity and drink problems. What is wrong with suggesting those choosing an unhealthy life sort their disgusting habits out before taking free healthcare?

11 minutes ago, j2bad said:

Sorry forgot this is totally the wrong place to have an open discussion about obesity and drink problems. What is wrong with suggesting those choosing an unhealthy life sort their disgusting habits out before taking free healthcare?

Maybe because you threw insults at posters, who you have no idea of what their background is, that they were likely to be obese drunks when really you just seemed very angry that a poster didn’t agree with one of your posts. We haven’t had that sort of anger on here for quite some time now. Shame really. 

13 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Maybe because you threw insults at posters, who you have no idea of what their background is, that they were likely to be obese drunks when really you just seemed very angry that a poster didn’t agree with one of your posts. We haven’t had that sort of anger on here for quite some time now. Shame really. 

Dunno I've just been called a bastard on another thread:)

29 minutes ago, paswt said:

Dunno I've just been called a bastard on another thread:)

Not by me I hope? I was just pointing out that there was no need to make the comments made. Bad language is fine by me but I don’t know why certain posters seem to be reverting to type accusng people who they don’t agree with of being shouty men or suggesting people are drunk etc. It’s just childish. 

Archived