Madrigals

La Colombe

18 minutes ago, Chinahand said:

Well, if you start with a Madrigal, we could always then go a bit further back and try out some Gregorian Chant.

Wonderful. It reminds me of The Tallis Consort. Go to every concert of theirs that I can. Brilliant.:)

7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Wonderful. It reminds me of The Tallis Consort. Go to every concert of theirs that I can. Brilliant.:)

Perhaps you should listen more intently, because it's very difficult to hear any similarities between them. Anyway enough of this rapid derail. Back to Thomas Morley!

2 hours ago, La Colombe said:

Perhaps you should listen more intently, because it's very difficult to hear any similarities between them. Anyway enough of this rapid derail. Back to Thomas Morley!

You have not been to many Tallis Consort performances then have you?( or maybe you should pay more attention )

I do like that Thomas Morley piece though.:)

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

You have not been to many Tallis Consort performances then have you?( or maybe you should pay more attention )

Well you obviously know more about it than me then, I've never heard of a consort composition that is either played or sung in unison. Sounds most queer. What pieces that are in their repertoire do they sing in unison? Bearing in mind they are a multi vocal range ensemble. 

9 hours ago, La Colombe said:
10 hours ago, dilligaf said:

Well you obviously know more about it than me then, I've never heard of a consort composition that is either played or sung in unison. Sounds most queer. What pieces that are in their repertoire do they sing in unison? Bearing in mind they are a multi vocal range ensemble. 

nitpick_med.jpg.13eca3a32e11a8cebfca35bf80136564.jpg

3 hours ago, La Colombe said:

You are a biff. There's nothing picky about it. Tallis Consort do not perform plainsong, simple as that. The clue's in the name. You do wear your ignorance with pride. 

Biff ?. 

Now who else uses that word ??

You are just a pompous tw%t. I just like what I like.

I do not do scientific examinations of songs or music. If I like it, I buy it, or copy it.

I can't remember what it was like being single, so don't know how bored you get, but for fucks sake get a life.

Apart from your admirers "quilp" and "Declan", does anyone really care how clever you think you are?.

I doubt it.

59 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

I just like what I like.

I do not do scientific examinations of songs or music. If I like it, I buy it, or copy it. 

And fair enough. So why jump in and embroil a piss-taking argument on a subject you obviously missed the point of and have no real knowledge of? Not just in this thread either.

Ditch the spade and dig no more, maybe?

7 minutes ago, quilp said:
1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

I just like what I like.

And fair enough. So why jump in and embroil a piss-taking argument on a subject you obviously missed the point of and have no real knowledge of? Not just in this thread either.

Ditch the spade and dig no more, maybe?

Who the fuck do you think you are ? Arse kisser extraordinaire ??

You seem to forget quite quickly the threads you have "jumped in "on.

You obviously have musical talent and have enjoyed playing in bands and have a very wide knowledge of the music scene.

That does not give you the right to belittle those of us who just like good music and hate pompous tits telling us what to like and why.

You used to be an admired poster for your knowledge, but have lost that with your piss taking.

I'm not trying to belittle you, at all. The thread is/was about madrigal music. I know nowt about it, or rather I now know a little more about it because of this thread. It may come across as high-brow to you but that's irrelevant. You said it yourself, it's all about choice.

You're winding yourself up over nowt. 

Archived