New MLC looks to diversify Legco.

homarus

Just when I thought we'd gotten away with it ,the D word makes it's entry into Manx politics .

Cretters with be gutted  as he's been pushing it for a while now, but   Kate  appears to have stolen his thunder .

Probably why Moyle never made the grade not ""diverse"" enough

I don't know about anybody else but I just would like them to be good at their job, nothing else matters.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

I'm just waiting to see which will be the first of them to leap undemocratically in to government

All of them will join Gov't. Tynwald has decided, contrary to Lisvane, that the job description of MLCs is to work in Gov't. See the job description in section 42 of http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/Tynwald%2020162018/2018-PP-0018.pdf

I think that's the key reason why Ramsay and Kelly were so comprehensively rejected.

6 minutes ago, craggy_steve said:

All of them will join Gov't. Tynwald has decided, contrary to Lisvane, that the job description of MLCs is to work in Gov't. See the job description in section 42 of http://www.tynwald.org.im/business/opqp/sittings/Tynwald%2020162018/2018-PP-0018.pdf

I think that's the key reason why Ramsay and Kelly were so comprehensively rejected.

Membership of DHSC, DoE, DOI etc will be expanded. I’m sure there will be loads more Tynpotwald inquiries and committees to while away the hours etc. I’m waiting for one of the newbies to take a course on politics, and go on a Commonwealth Parliamentary Association jolly to some sunnier clime fact finding, or election observing. Do you think I will have to wait long?

My concern with politicians with diversity agendas such as LGBT, feminism, race etc is that this becomes their major concern which they can hide behind whilst it clouds every decision that they make and every debate that they have. They become angry one trick ponies and unbalanced, in my opinion it's a weakness which others can manipulate.  

1 hour ago, 2112 said:

Membership of DHSC, DoE, DOI etc will be expanded. I’m sure there will be loads more Tynpotwald inquiries and committees to while away the hours etc. I’m waiting for one of the newbies to take a course on politics, and go on a Commonwealth Parliamentary Association jolly to some sunnier clime fact finding, or election observing. Do you think I will have to wait long?

Would that be after the "media training course"  , the cost of which is still unknown to one attendee :lol: 

3 minutes ago, Declan said:

Incidentally, a total of 196 votes were cast.

By 24 people for 5 posts. 

Just over 8 votes by each of the 24 then. And in record time too. Amazing stuff.

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Oh dear me...

http://www.manxradio.com/news/isle-of-man-news/hendy-delight-at-election/

Non democratically elected MLC will introduce legislation from the upper house if merited. I hope the HoK realise what they have done!

An individual with no public mandate should have no ability to introduce legislation. Simple.

Archived