Game of Thrones - what next?

Snorri

There's no other way of putting it, GoT is absolutely fantastic. 

Can't remember if I read all the books prior to watching the first series, or as a result of watching the first series, but thoroughly enjoyed both and am looking forward to the conclusion of the series in 2019 (and the next book, whenever that appears!!)

I predict The Iron Throne will be melted by dragon flame...

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 minutes ago, b4mbi said:

Can't remember if I read all the books prior to watching the first series, or as a result of watching the first series, but thoroughly enjoyed both and am looking forward to the conclusion of the series in 2019 (and the next book, whenever that appears!!)

Tha knows nowt Jon Snow

6 hours ago, b4mbi said:

And they'll become a republic and all the throne claimants will live happily ever after? I do think the throne will be destroyed and there won't be a king or queen.

I've never seen Game of Thrones except for bits which I couldn't help watching on an aeroplane.  For gratuitous sex, violence, castration, Druid magic and general weirdness I would recommend "Britannia" which is tenuously based on the Roman invasion of Britain and I understand has quite a Game of Thrones sort of feel to it.  Season 1 aired on TV earlier this year and I am eagerly awaiting Season 2.  

The books are brilliant better than the tv series as you get more depth of character and plot, also the style is different as each chapter is based on one main characters perspective, which wouldn't work for tv. The casting for the tv show is very good using a mostly british cast and in particular Peter Dinklage is fantastic as Tyrion Lannister. The production is amazing for a tv show and set new standards for tv drama, it's arguably a landmark tv show as fantasy is notoriously difficult to translate to the screen, LOTR being the obvious exception.

On 6/12/2018 at 12:50 AM, Snorri said:

Also plenty of sexy scenes. Well worth watching.

And some tidy mutilation.  The geezer that had his balls cut off is Lilly Allen s brother no less.

perhaps she’ll make an appearance next time.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed GoT, you can see the money that's gone into it, but what was last season six or seven episodes and then a two year wait for the last season? that's a bit poor.

I doubt if I will get to see the last season, as I've just cancelled my Sky Subscription after almost twenty years. They have mixed up the channels which is a pain and I don't watch it much now as I have taken out a Netflix subscription, so that's £46.00 a month saved.

28 minutes ago, Katman said:

I enjoyed GoT, you can see the money that's gone into it, but what was last season six or seven episodes and then a two year wait for the last season? that's a bit poor.

I doubt if I will get to see the last season, as I've just cancelled my Sky Subscription after almost twenty years. They have mixed up the channels which is a pain and I don't watch it much now as I have taken out a Netflix subscription, so that's £46.00 a month saved.

Get a Now TV sub for the 2 months that it will be on, watch it on any console/smartTV.

The final season will be longer episodes to get all the slaughter and boobs in.

Archived