Tesco car park.

Chris Jericho

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do our political elite and government fat cats still get free parking? It's pretty expensive parking in douglas if you are working there. Yet there isn't really much alternative for the hoi polloi. Then any alternatives get jumped upon. I think it was the doc fixit that suggested a park and ride scheme somewhere around the hospital. We have the land and we have the spare buses

11 hours ago, RIchard Britten said:

No, they haven't.  Ever.

Why do you think the Management staff used to take turns "policing" the entrances to the car parks and parking the dot com van across the entrance to the small car park?

Oh yes they did, and if you can be arsed to look you will find previous threads about it on these very board's.

1 hour ago, finlo said:

Oh yes they did, and if you can be arsed to look you will find previous threads about it on these very board's.

Could you be arsed proving RB wrong? I don't think you can because he is correct.

33 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Could you be arsed proving RB wrong? I don't think you can because he is correct.

It was run by a uk outfit who allegedly iom gov would not furnish with our registration details.

It seems a bit dumb them having that one small store based down there. The car parking is inadequate - and the access isn't great. Especially at certain times of the day.

Surely they could be encouraged to build a proper full sized store somewhere outside Douglas. Somewhere up near PC World would be the obvious place. And then maybe run the little Douglas site as a 'metro' style store for people who work nearby.

1 hour ago, pongo said:

It seems a bit dumb them having that one small store based down there. The car parking is inadequate - and the access isn't great. Especially at certain times of the day.

Surely they could be encouraged to build a proper full sized store somewhere outside Douglas. Somewhere up near PC World would be the obvious place. And then maybe run the little Douglas site as a 'metro' style store for people who work nearby.

The car parking would be sufficient if people didn’t park their vehicles and head into town 

2 hours ago, pongo said:

Yeah, but the "Friend's of Shopshite" can stop ANY attempt at expanding Tesco, no matter where or what that may entail.

17 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yeah, but the "Friend's of Shopshite" can stop ANY attempt at expanding Tesco, no matter where or what that may entail.

You recently chastised me for choosing to not shop local to minimize my tax take now you advocating increased Tesco spend where the money goes straight to a multinational tut tut.

Just now, finlo said:

You recently chastised me for choosing to not shop local to minimize my tax take now you advocating increased Tesco spend where the money goes straight to a multinational tut tut.

But they employ hundreds of staff who pay tax here, live here, shop here, dine out here, buy all their clobber here etc. etc

Archived