Biased Broadcasting Corporation

Neil Down

https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/clip/a3e9e594-139a-4e81-bd3e-638c7006c4f6

Why does the BBC continually try and make something out of nothing. If they were good enough they would be playing. All part of the "there are no winners" mentallity being exhibited in schools these days.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's all part of the state-sponsored broadcaster's ideological 'diversity programming.' It poses a question to which there is only one answer-- meeting the required professional standard, whatever ethnic background. Big difference in equality of opportunity and equality of outcome, especially in sport. 

It’s not part of any ideology - it’s a question which prompts the obvious answer, ‘there any sub-continent origin players good enough’. Some ethnicities are better at certain sports than others - why shouldn’t a bbc journalis be allowed to discuss this?

It seems a fair question to ask. I remember at the time a similar one was being asked in Football fanzines like When Saturday Comes in the 1990's, why there hadn't been at that point an Asian professional footballer?

Two reasons were advanced 1. Asian families put greater emphasis on academic achievement, 2. The network of scouts employed by the clubs and the higher echelons of non-league pyramid didn't reach into the Asian areas. So the best Asian players were known locally but never had the opportunity to move up a level. A bit like the Isle of Man.

It's interesting that Quilp sees diversity programming as a bad thing when the remit of the BBC has always been to provide a range of programing for all sectors of society.

I'm all for diversity but personally I believe for the sake of it, sometimes boundaries are stretched. It's also become an umbrella term under which bias and political agenda shelters.

The BBC has been criticised many times for its alleged leftist agenda, a thread already exists on it.

As for it being ideological, some historians would agree with my opinion, but that's all it is of course...

_20180828_192608.JPG

19 minutes ago, quilp said:

I'm all for diversity but personally I believe for the sake of it, sometimes boundaries are stretched. It's also become an umbrella term under which bias and political agenda shelters.

The BBC has been criticised many times for its alleged leftist agenda, a thread already exists on it.

As for it being ideological, some historians would agree with my opinion, but that's all it is of course...

_20180828_192608.JPG

There is a need to do this as a giant screen shot? As opposed to simply quoting and linking?

2 hours ago, Declan said:

It seems a fair question to ask. I remember at the time a similar one was being asked in Football fanzines like When Saturday Comes in the 1990's, why there hadn't been at that point an Asian professional footballer?

Two reasons were advanced 1. Asian families put greater emphasis on academic achievement, 2. The network of scouts employed by the clubs and the higher echelons of non-league pyramid didn't reach into the Asian areas. So the best Asian players were known locally but never had the opportunity to move up a level. A bit like the Isle of Man.

It's interesting that Quilp sees diversity programming as a bad thing when the remit of the BBC has always been to provide a range of programing for all sectors of society.

That may have been the reason in the 1990’s, but not now. There are loads of opportunities if you are good enough to get into the top teams

Archived