Bus Crash Birch Hill

LightBulb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don’t think I’m being ‘fucking’ stupid” at all.

As John says any civil action and the bus company will be liable but criminally I can think of anything to stick on the driver. He’s not dangerous driving ordriving without due care, he hasn’t failed to set the handbrake he’s just accidentally disabled the safety system with catastrophic consequences. 

I doubt there will be any pound of flesh carved here.

again I use the caveat that law has changed somewhat since I was about.

15 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

You leave your vehicle and it is still your responsibility 

If the op is correct and the handbrake hasn't been set then the only offence is failing to set your handbrake. There's no offence of dangerous driving or due care etc as the driver wasn't driving the bus at the time. 

3 minutes ago, thommo2010 said:

If the op is correct and the handbrake hasn't been set then the only offence is failing to set your handbrake. There's no offence of dangerous driving or due care etc as the driver wasn't driving the bus at the time. 

Bollocks

This is the Isle of Man remember.

There was a bus or a coach hit some scaffolding on Victoria Road. The wing mirror broke off and smashed through a house window.

The driver just carried on. Apparently the police caught up with the coach driver, who said he hadn't noticed. Result - no charge.

Tip - if you are involved in a hit and run tell the boys in blue that you didn't notice.

Archived