Bus Crash Birch Hill

LightBulb

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, finlo said:

Willy Lambden, now there's a blast from the past.

I remember that from the wording on the busses, "W.M Lambden" Isle of Man Roads Services, and there was also the "Douglas Corparation Service" that did the Douglas route, they where never as clean as the Isle of man road serivces buses.

Story I got was - there are two handbrakes on the bus a manual and electronic. There is also an ongoing issue with the till system which needs a hard reboot by disconnecting the battery from a panel outside the bus.

The driver called in the till issue that day and was told to reboot the system. He stepped outside the bus but forgot to set the manual handbrake and upon disconnecting the battery the electronic brake failed and the bus rolled down the hill and crashed.

Is that about right or are there other versions ?

8 minutes ago, Chutney said:

Story I got was - there are two handbrakes on the bus a manual and electronic. There is also an ongoing issue with the till system which needs a hard reboot by disconnecting the battery from a panel outside the bus.

The driver called in the till issue that day and was told to reboot the system. He stepped outside the bus but forgot to set the manual handbrake and upon disconnecting the battery the electronic brake failed and the bus rolled down the hill and crashed.

Ok, So its not the driver to blame, but the computer ?, i assume you where the driver then ?

1 hour ago, Chutney said:

Similar tale to the one I posted on the original thread.

Archived