Bus Crash Birch Hill

LightBulb

36 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Driver as in Bus Driver, not as in Computer Driver, would you get out of your car, without putting on the hand brake, if you where on a hill ?

I rarely use my handbrake, only when the missus gives me grief.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhh didn’t see the original thread.  

If the tale is correct I’m not sure what they can do with this one. From a prosecution perspective I can’t see he’s done much wrong because he wasnt actually the driver at the time as he was out of the bus and he had no control of brakes or steering, also he hadn’t failed to set the handbrake. I Reckon it’s a discipline matter only.

Black rat Flinty may say otherwise on traffic stuff, it was a long time ago for me and laws like hairstyles change.

17 minutes ago, Chutney said:

Ahhh didn’t see the original thread.  

If the tale is correct I’m not sure what they can do with this one. From a prosecution perspective I can’t see he’s done much wrong because he wasnt actually the driver at the time as he was out of the bus and he had no control of brakes or steering, also he hadn’t failed to set the handbrake. I Reckon it’s a discipline matter only.

Black rat Flinty may say otherwise on traffic stuff, it was a long time ago for me and laws like hairstyles change.

Are you for real ?

was not the driver??  Then who the fuck was?

I know your past employment and can’t belidve you said that ,

Are you saying that some drunk can then get out of his ( or her ) car without applying the brakes and there is no issue and any resulting damage is not the drivers fault ?

Jesus fella think again

12 minutes ago, Terminal said:

I don’t think we ever got told why the bus crashed into the IOM Bank at Prospect Hill many moons ago did we?

The driver was startled by a posse of armed police on the opposite side of the road. 

Yes Dilli it’s exactly what I’m saying.

He may be in charge of the vehicle but if he has no control of the brakes and steering he’s no longer the driver. 

There has always been an offence of drunk in charge of a vehicle and one of failing to set the handbrake. But beyond that no.

if you get out of your car and it rolls down the hill and kills someone are you the driver ?  When do you stop being the driver ? 10 secs, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day ?

10 minutes ago, Chutney said:

He may be in charge of the vehicle but if he has no control of the brakes and steering he’s no longer the driver. 

There has always been an offence of drunk in charge of a vehicle and one of failing to set the handbrake. But beyond that no.

if you get out of your car and it rolls down the hill and kills someone are you the driver ?  When do you stop being the driver ? 10 secs, 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 day ?

There is of course a difference between criminal, and civil, responsibility.  And Isle of Man Transport will be vicariously liable, in the law of negligence, for the acts of their employee ( if negligence was present )

11 minutes ago, Chutney said:

Chutney I don’t wish to be rude but you are being fucking stupid here.

That bus driver was In charge of the bus FULL STOP

You were a copper ffs. Why are you doing this?

5 minutes ago, John Wright said:

There is of course a difference between criminal, and civil, responsibility.  And Isle of Man Transport will be vicariously liable, in the law of negligence, for the acts of their employee ( if negligence was present )

Are you saying there is some sort of corperate liability and the driver is exempt from prosecution

That is bullshit

25 minutes ago, Chutney said:

I’m having serious problems understanding your logic on this.

6 minutes ago, the stinking enigma said:

I don't think the driver should get done for it. Could be the first time in Manx history a lesson will actually be learned. By the other drivers too.i liken it to Allison's cruyff  turn at the weekend.

Not you best post eh ?

Archived