Cycling news

Gizo

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, finlo said:

Don't worry it will be the state pension that gets trimmed to fund the CS/PS liabilities.

Trimmed? Trimmed? It'll be emptied and then wrung out some. And then put through a mangle. And then some more.

5 hours ago, Neil Down said:

Ban all schoolkids from driving their cars to school and ban these women who feel the need to drop one child off in a car bigger than the bloody bus. Obesity problem practically solved

Unless the kid lives miles away there is no reason for it to be dropped off at school by car.

Also, there is no good reason for kids to drive to school.

Unfortunately we live in a time of the precious snowflakes generation so expecting any change to be made through choice is never going to happen.

Walk, fucking walk for fuck sake, even if it's freezing cold and pissing down with rain.

1 hour ago, Non-Believer said:

Trimmed? Trimmed? It'll be emptied and then wrung out some. And then put through a mangle. And then some more.

The CS/PS pension was always part of the remuneration package.

ALL CS posts were open to applicants providing they had the qualifications, until recently when some were internal only.

Most of the hate towards CS workers comes from those who were not interested or qualified to get into the CS years ago when all these jobs were sneered at and were not good enough for many people to accept.

Now lots of people, having enjoyed big salaries elsewhere, are reduced to accepting the basic pension and are jealous of those workers who stuck it out  and ate crap for years and are now getting a decent pension as part of that said package.

Suck it up. we all make our own way in life. 

I had the chance of CS jobs but did not take any and now when I retire I will get a basic pension. I chose jobs that paid shit money, but jobs I enjoyed doing.

I have worked for 47 years and enjoyed about 40 of those years. I would not change any of my choices.

29 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

The CS/PS pension was always part of the remuneration package.

ALL CS posts were open to applicants providing they had the qualifications, until recently when some were internal only.

Most of the hate towards CS workers comes from those who were not interested or qualified to get into the CS years ago when all these jobs were sneered at and were not good enough for many people to accept.

Now lots of people, having enjoyed big salaries elsewhere, are reduced to accepting the basic pension and are jealous of those workers who stuck it out  and ate crap for years and are now getting a decent pension as part of that said package.

Suck it up. we all make our own way in life. 

I had the chance of CS jobs but did not take any and now when I retire I will get a basic pension. I chose jobs that paid shit money, but jobs I enjoyed doing.

I have worked for 47 years and enjoyed about 40 of those years. I would not change any of my choices.

Doesn't alter the fact that if anyone is going to take a hit on their pension it won't be them.

2 minutes ago, finlo said:

Doesn't alter the fact that if anyone is going to take a hit on their pension it won't be them.

Why should they ? Cause you don't like it. ?

Getting a state pension is a bonus. Getting a CS pension is a contract.

20 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Paying in for 50 odd years and expecting something back is a bonus? Yet the mostly non contributors must come first!

2 minutes ago, finlo said:
7 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Paying in for 50 odd years and expecting something back is a bonus? Yet the mostly non contributors must come first!

Apart from MHKs they all pay in.

You say paying in all your life is not just a bonus, but just how much does joe bloggs pay in for his state pension ?

Most of what WE pay in as plebs, goes on our healthcare and to those ( many) who claim benefits.

Not a lot goes towards our pensions.

You may need to read up a little on what goes where.

11 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

That’s fine but when the pot runs out, leave it fucking empty. Don’t go robbing Peter to pay Paul.

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Apart from MHKs they all pay in.

You say paying in all your life is not just a bonus, but just how much does joe bloggs pay in for his state pension ?

Most of what WE pay in as plebs, goes on our healthcare and to those ( many) who claim benefits.

Not a lot goes towards our pensions.

You may need to read up a little on what goes where.

So do their contributions go towards those things also?

10 minutes ago, finlo said:

So do their contributions go towards those things also?

Yes, but their NI deductions are not to fund their work pensions, but like us they pay towards their state pensions.

Why is that hard to understand ?

14 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

That’s fine but when the pot runs out, leave it fucking empty. Don’t go robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Why should Peter's fund be different to Paul's ? One is a contractual agreement, whereas the other is just decided on what is available, not contractual.

18 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Yes, but their NI deductions are not to fund their work pensions, but like us they pay towards their state pensions.

Why is that hard to understand ?

It's not but I fail to see how someone  (pick your own department) retiring as early as their fortys is somehow more worthy.

Even Watterson was quizzing Cannan about the vagueness and unfairness of it all recently.

4 minutes ago, finlo said:

It's not but I fail to see how someone  (pick your own department) retiring as early as their fortys is somehow more worthy.

Even Watterson was quizzing Cannan about the vagueness and unfairness of it all recently.

Who has ever retired in their 40's. One has to do 40 years service doesn't one ?

Maybe plod is the exception.

I forgot to mention superannuation. before.

Archived