Cycling news

Gizo

3 hours ago, flaps said:

Ballakermeen is a good place to start, as it's in a residential area where there are problems with school run traffic. More kids on bikes or walking will be less 4x4's clogging up the streets.

The Ballakermeen area during school pick up and drop off is unbelievable, it is only a matter of time before a child is killed on Westminster Terrace or Drive. There was a note of apology from the headmistress... and?

They could have a rolling drop off area, but that would not fix the mess that is collection time. It's good to hear something is being done, but it won't be enough, the kids are parking all over the disc zone, the Chelsea tractor drivers are stopping on the double yellows by the corners or taking up 2 spaces because they've no idea (about anything, why would you even have a car like that ? Specifically the white Range Rover Clars Vogue driver who constantly parks like an utter twat!). Yeah, parking, it's emotive, I'm off for a nice cup of tea and a day dream about my bike. Did I mention how much I like it? It is actually awesome.  

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, doc.fixit said:

.dear, dear, you do have a fetish about 4x4s........please be more specific and maybe use the term lifestyle vehicles, 4x4 covers a massive range of vehicles including most of the farm vehicles...........

30 minutes ago, woody2 said:

better ban benefits first......

"Hover Bikes",  i am thinking of the bikes on "Thunder Birds" where they can hover all over the road, they would be good, less traffic, and less conjestion, no licence needed, and the kids coud ride them to school, sorted !!!!!

http://thunderbirds.wikia.com/wiki/File:Attack_of_the_Alligators.png

3 hours ago, flaps said:

Yes, the government would pay for your new bike up front, then take the money out of your wages. So it was a loan, not a free bike or discount or anything like that. Technically, as your pay was docked before tax, you'd pay slightly less tax on your salary. In short, it wasn't worth the paperwork.

At the end of the day, cost is not a barrier to cycling, as a decent enough bike for commuting a couple of miles can be picked up for £50.

But they would eventually loose out on fuel duty, so there would need to be a cycle tax to make up for it.

14 minutes ago, 2bees said:

The Ballakermeen area during school pick up and drop off is unbelievable, it is only a matter of time before a child is killed on Westminster Terrace or Drive. There was a note of apology from the headmistress... and?

They could have a rolling drop off area, but that would not fix the mess that is collection time. It's good to hear something is being done, but it won't be enough, the kids are parking all over the disc zone, the Chelsea tractor drivers are stopping on the double yellows by the corners or taking up 2 spaces because they've no idea (about anything, why would you even have a car like that ? Specifically the white Range Rover Clars Vogue driver who constantly parks like an utter twat!). Yeah, parking, it's emotive, I'm off for a nice cup of tea and a day dream about my bike. Did I mention how much I like it? It is actually awesome.  

Ban all schoolkids from driving their cars to school and ban these women who feel the need to drop one child off in a car bigger than the bloody bus. Obesity problem practically solved

20 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

Its the kiss when you get out of the car at secondy school, thats the problem.

The kiss is probably a reminder for you not to skip spelling lessons... :thumbsup:

Archived