TV Licensing

LightBulb

TV Licensing officers been down the South of the Island today knocking on doors, and are apparently coming back again tommorow, and Thursday, But do we get the same benefits from the BBC that the uk get, or do we get a bit of a raw deal here on the island ?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
32 minutes ago, Gee Cee said:

I would hardly call a short local news programme a 'benefit'.

Stop moaning, and go and buy a licence.

32 minutes ago, Gee Cee said:

I would hardly call a short local news programme a 'benefit'.

Stop moaning, and go and buy a licence.

What would happen if you just opened the door and told them to "Fuck Off"  ( in manx obviously ), do they really take you to court, after all the BBC is a uk company, and nothing to do with our manx culture ?

7 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

What would happen if you just opened the door and told them to "Fuck Off"  ( in manx obviously ), do they really take you to court, after all the BBC is a uk company, and nothing to do with our manx culture ?

it's not the bbc calling around......

11 minutes ago, LightBulb said:

They are from the BBC, and want us to fund there £MM loss making empire, are they not, or are they from SKY ?

The BBC subcontracts enforcement - mainly to Capita. So they aren’t from the BBC. 

They have no right of entry. You don’t have to tell them anything.

They may write to you. If they do you can write back saying you will charge £100 for answering the next letter, reading it, etc and £200 for any subsequent one, and that sending further letters will constitute acceptance, and that the contract is governed by Manx Law and Manx Courts..

If they write back then issue invoices and sue. It’s been done in English Small Claims and BBC lost.

47 minutes ago, John Wright said:

The BBC subcontracts enforcement - mainly to Capita. So they aren’t from the BBC. 

They have no right of entry. You don’t have to tell them anything.

They may write to you. If they do you can write back saying you will charge £100 for answering the next letter, reading it, etc and £200 for any subsequent one, and that sending further letters will constitute acceptance, and that the contract is governed by Manx Law and Manx Courts..

If they write back then issue invoices and sue. It’s been done in English Small Claims and BBC lost.

Or he could man up and pay up like most of us

I hate paying for scrounges and cheats

There are many poorer people saving up to pay the dues for their licence so you should be ashamed of yourself encouraging others to cheat

I thought you were meant to be an honest man

Archived