Sink Or Swim

Speckled Frost

.....and get down on one knee and propose...

:D

Good grief woman! Don't you think I'm in enough trouble already?

Consider it saturation therapy - you have to learn to say no...

Besides, he has jellied 'eels' (!?!) ... yeauch, that should make it easier.

Heh!

On the subject of Cornaa - what is that building again on the left as you enter the glen?

I was told it was some sort of ammunitions factory during WW2. Of course, I was also told it was haunted.

I think it used to be a gundpowder factory. As for it being haunted...

We used to skive school to go swimming at Cornaa. It was really great fun but we all had cuts on our legs from the rocks and we had to wear trainers in the sea because of the stones.

For safety and soft sand underfoot you can't beat Ramsey between the south stone pier and the Queen's Pier when the tide is about halfway out. Unfortunately Ramsey has raw sewage pumped out into the Bay so beware of floaters. Probably best to avoid actually, I don't think it's what you're looking for, but I grew up swimming down at Smeale beach and jumping in off the sewage outlet so a bit of sh*t doesn't bother me. Nice.

Laxey beach is great for swimming - when the tide's in you can swim to the raft just off-shore, and when it's out it stays really shallow so it's dead warm - by far the warmest place to swim.

Fenalla beach in Peel is nice too - if you bring goggles and a snorkel there's loads of starfish and crabs when you get deep. Gets quite busy though.

Archived