Guy Martin in Court

Gee Cee

31 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

And all these mountain climbers etc who go into schools and give motivational talks knowing that their pursuit is a dangerous one.

Not forgetting those T V ads encouraging young people to join the army showing how they will become much better people if they do without mentioning the risks.

Anyway, I'm not exactly sure what your point is, perhaps you could flesh it out a bit?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Setting personal goals, is that not a positive thing then?

Perhaps. It might be more beneficial to kids if the emphasis was on how setting personal goals can often lead to personal disaster. Or would that be a bit off message? I dunno. Perhaps it's time they got Dan Sayle back in discuss it with the kids? Although that particular bunch won't really be kids anymore. 

1 hour ago, Max Power said:

Is that meant to be funny?

As you are obviously the Forum Fun Police may I explain it is an on thread reference consistent with my earlier posts drawing facts to the argument that these TT competitors who are held as some kind of role model have unsavoury skeletons in closets which TT fans often overlook.

if you don't find it funny that's absolutely fine just stick to Mrs Brown's Boys.or Top Gear.....

11 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

As you are obviously the Forum Fun Police may I explain it is an on thread reference consistent with my earlier posts drawing facts to the argument that these TT competitors who are held as some kind of role model have unsavoury skeletons in closets which TT fans often overlook.

if you don't find it funny that's absolutely fine just stick to Mrs Brown's Boys.or Top Gear.....

It was nothing of the sort, it was a vile attempt at humour using a tragic accident which had nothing to do with racing at all. Mrs Brown's Boys is unfunny also, a bit like Top Gear. 

Archived