Low IQ drugs mule gets 2 years

thesultanofsheight

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
59 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Given the usually accepted standard deviation of 15 IQ points he’s brighter than about 5% of the population. So he’s bottom of the class material, but not necessarily defined as retarded. Even so, he still needs locking up - this was not just a bit of weed. 

11 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Given the usually accepted standard deviation of 15 IQ points he’s brighter than about 5% of the population. So he’s bottom of the class material, but not necessarily defined as retarded. Even so, he still needs locking up - this was not just a bit of weed. 

He might be over 18 but is he fully compos mentis though? That’s a pretty low IQ. Do you really think that was an adult making a decision that he should be held accountable for? Two years is a longish stretch if he’s basically a retard set up to do a drugs run? 

43 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

VICTORY FOR THE WAR ON DRUGS! Isle of Man locks up retard! All children safe forever. Set of the fireworks and start the parade!

you'd rather that it was on the streets then...

37 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He might be over 18 but is he fully compos mentis though? That’s a pretty low IQ. Do you really think that was an adult making a decision that he should be held accountable for? Two years is a longish stretch if he’s basically a retard set up to do a drugs run? 

If his IQ was 100 would you be comfortable with his sentence? How about 90? What’s the lowest score you’d be happy with him being locked up for bringing in 70kg of cannabis?

21 minutes ago, wrighty said:

If his IQ was 100 would you be comfortable with his sentence? How about 90? What’s the lowest score you’d be happy with him being locked up for bringing in 70kg of cannabis?

I thought 85-80 was the official benchment for being retarded. So on that basis 74 looks incredibly low to me (accepting your +/- 15 point margin). On that basis I’m asking would his IQ be a factor in determining if he knew what he was doing? We’re not banging up Pablo Escobar are we? Just some borderline retarded dipshit who seems to have got conned into bringing a shipment of dope into the IOM. 

12 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

I thought 85-80 was the official benchment for being retarded. So on that basis 74 looks incredibly low to me (accepting your +/- 15 point margin). On that basis I’m asking would his IQ be a factor in determining if he knew what he was doing? We’re not banging up Pablo Escobar are we? Just some borderline retarded dipshit who seems to have got conned into bringing a shipment of dope into the IOM. 

Not really. Mean is 100. Normal range is 80 to 120. I think 90% fall within that range. 

74 is borderline impaired. Not very bright, but fully functional.

70 is the line for intellectual impairment diagnosis.

19 minutes ago, John Wright said:

Not really. Mean is 100. Normal range is 80 to 120. I think 90% fall within that range. 

74 is borderline impaired. Not very bright, but fully functional.

70 is the line for intellectual impairment diagnosis.

Ok thanks for clarifying. But you’re saying 4 points is the difference between being a hopeless basket case and knowing what you were doing? You can only arrive at the conclusion that he was a gullible/stupid man duped into it all from the report. That’s a really low IQ score however you want to look at it. 

2 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Ok thanks for clarifying. But you’re saying 4 points is the difference between being a hopeless basket case and knowing what you were doing? You can only arrive at the conclusion that he was a gullible/stupid man duped into it all from the report. That’s a really low IQ score however you want to look at it. 

No, mild impairment runs 55- 70. Most in that range get by, live without assistance, hold jobs. 

Moderate impairment is 35-55. Need support.

Archived