Low IQ drugs mule gets 2 years

thesultanofsheight

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I previously said, the standard deviation for the normal distribution of IQ is 15, hence 67% are between 85 and 115, and 95% between 70 and 130. Outside 2 standard deviations from the mean, either way, is usually the marker of ‘abnormal’ when comparing biological variables.   So as JW says, and as I pointed out before, an IQ of 74 is normal, but he is definitely not the sharpest tool in the box. 

2 hours ago, thesultanofsheight said:

He might be over 18 but is he fully compos mentis though? That’s a pretty low IQ. Do you really think that was an adult making a decision that he should be held accountable for? Two years is a longish stretch if he’s basically a retard set up to do a drugs run? 

He seems to have passed a driving test. Presumably he knows the rules in the Highway Code. 

2 hours ago, wrighty said:

Given the usually accepted standard deviation of 15 IQ points he’s brighter than about 5% of the population

Very bright people may perform poorly on IQ tests. The main thing they measure is a person's willingness to engage with arbitrary testing. Especially true when people with a short attention span (easily bored) are given timed tests.

Current data also seems to indicate that people who perform well on Mensa tests have a greater propensity towards wearing silly bow ties.

33 minutes ago, TheTeapot said:

It used to be an idiot was someone of an iq 0-25, an imbecile of 26-50 and a moron 51-70. Worth remembering when you post utter nonsense Neil Down.

You should learn to read instead of throwing out insults.

a. He’s not retarded

b. You made the initial idiotic comment (as usual)

24 minutes ago, quilp said:

It was weed, Neil. Not heroin or coke, or some other unquantifiable powder. 

I agree but the stuff is still not legal. Until it is, he’s committed a crime and is now paying for said crime. Could you explain that to the idiot Teastain...

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

It used to be an idiot was someone of an iq 0-25, an imbecile of 26-50 and a moron 51-70.

That’s really helpful. Quayle, Moorhouse, and Cregeen sorted. Thanks.

I find it very unprofessional and a form of public mockery and abuse to refer to a vulnerable person as "low IQ" in a headline.

The 31-year-old told police that drug dealers in Liverpool had killed his dog and threatened his mother, forcing him to make the delivery.

Sounds like a possibility. With a combination of low IQ and Asperger’s Syndrome, he would be a vulnerable person who could be coerced that way.

Archived