£400K to seduce immigrants

craggy_steve

On 2/8/2019 at 6:11 PM, Non-Believer said:

Says something when we've got to offer sweeteners (or even "bribes"?) to try and attract people to come here.

As Albert says, it's a massive admission of failure that we would appear to be able little else attractive enough to entice the people that we purport to need so badly?

I see we are now touting this £400k taxpayer ‘bung’ around all over social media like we’re proud to be bribing people to give the IOM a try. Skelly really is clueless. 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A member has had a read through the Locate document & says it doesn't actually mention the figure £400k

The source for this amount is apparently the newsfeed of the nation's station

Can't myself find any company willing to admit it is unable to hire staff

27 minutes ago, Donald Trumps said:

A member has had a read through the Locate document & says it doesn't actually mention the figure £400k

The source for this amount is apparently the newsfeed of the nation's station

Can't myself find any company willing to admit it is unable to hire staff

If you look at it, it appears to be the usual mixture of bullshit and throwing money at your mates (Chamber of Commerce, employment agencies).  And of course the main purpose is to keep the ever-expanding management at Enterprise and Cabinet Office in the style to which they have become accustomed.  I doubt £400k will go far.

And on a similar mate's theme, I see from iomtoday that the AG has generously decided to defer his retirement for another couple of years.

Must be a few good mouthfuls still in that big, big trough.

13 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

And on a similar mate's theme, I see from iomtoday that the AG has generously decided to defer his retirement for another couple of years.

Must be a few good mouthfuls still in that big, big trough.

Or there are things which need to be dealt with in that time frame !

Archived