new test centre?

doc.fixit

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, doc.fixit said:

wonder if they'll set up the proposed new test centre in or around the big new car centre?

I hear that place isn’t going to be there for very much longer...

9 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

As posted elsewhere, they appear to have an inordinate number of vacancies advertised with DfE needing filling.

I was told of losses running @ £70k a month?

29 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

18 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:

As posted elsewhere, they appear to have an inordinate number of vacancies advertised with DfE needing filling.

They seem quite happy to be bumbling along and pissing people off, I've no idea where it will all end.

5 hours ago, Max Power said:

They seem quite happy to be bumbling along and pissing people off, I've no idea where it will all end.

You have nailed it there.

5 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Again you are right that in some respects, but dependant on who you hear it from. I’ve heard from one reliable source, it’s well over @70K.

However I do believe the buildings have been configured (a lot of plug sockets and electrical workings) so a supermarket or superstore could take it over if it goes belly up. 

Its quite surprising really as Jackson’s/Motor Mall were touted and spun by IOMG as something wonderful, exciting and they were going to change peoples lives. Yes jobs were created by its construction. Depending on who you listen to, both Jackson’s/Motor Mall have a large staff turnover.

4 hours ago, 2112 said:

Its quite surprising really as Jackson’s/Motor Mall were touted and spun by IOMG as something wonderful, exciting and they were going to change peoples lives.

Could be the other way round. IoM was spun as something wonderful by IoMG and it was going to change Jackson's/Motor Mall's life....

It'll have done that all right... :lol:

Maybe Notwell will take it over. He said it would do really well IIRC?

Maybe move some of his 1000 table covers a day from the Colby Glen pub up there too....

13 minutes ago, Neil Down said:

Quite a few good mechanics left their previous employers thinking they were headed to the promised land.

Have you ever tried to book in for a service? Not worth the hassle the strange up-sell and customer service process you have to go through. Anywhere else just goes yes we can service your car. Here’s a date. Drop your car in! Not those clowns you have to see at least two people and waste at least 45 mins talking about shite. 

2 hours ago, Non-Believer said:

Maybe Notwell will take it over. He said it would do really well IIRC?

Maybe move some of his 1000 table covers a day from the Colby Glen pub up there too....

Good memory there.  

Archived