BBC Licence fee and the over 75's...

SJR

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I am feeling rather old)...

32 minutes ago, SJR said:

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I an feeling rather old)...

Jo Brand is not employed by the BBC which makes it just a little bit tricky for them to "sack" her.

As an undecided voter in the UK I would appreciate examples of the BBC's left wing politics.

Thanks.

Trouble is the alleged peoples champion and all round complete bellend David Cretney speaks in riddles and wants to spend rather than make the obvious saving.He has made a minor (the 16 pensions will prove me correct) living through moochers selling plastic crap that used to either find its way into the sea or landfill.Some of the stuff that he used to sell never even found its way home.He now reinvents himself as a climate change campaigner...You could not make it up..

7 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Jo Brand is not employed by the BBC which makes it just a little bit tricky for them to "sack" her.

As an undecided voter in the UK I would appreciate examples of the BBC's left wing politics.

Thanks.

That fat grotesque and  alleged woman is the face of the BBC when it comes to equal rights.She has been unfunny for at least 30 years and still gets a gig on the jolly...If that had been a joke against a Muslim she would have been gone.Nigel Farage it seems is fair game.

21 hours ago, SJR said:

It is quite simple.No more English tax young and old. A standard letter should be available to sign and download on the Government website citing a refusal to pay the BBC due to their excessive pay regime and left wing politics.Failing to sack that alleged "comedian" Jo Brand was the last straw.Oh and as we now own the ferries we can stop that imaginary TV licence van from appearing on our streets..If we all choose not to pay what can they do..(I have never bought a TV License and I am feeling rather old)...

I think it was Jefferson who said it was morally reprehensible to be forced to pay for supporting something you don't believe in.

I think it should be made purely voluntary. If you think you've had fair value from the BBC over the previous year, then by all means pay it. If not, don't. There should be no compulsion; it's outrageous in this age in which we live. The BBC's share of the audience is minute; they've lost so many viewers due to satellite, internet, freeview, you name it. Yet we're still funding them like they're the monolithic monopoly they were 90 years ago. They hate this island anyway. They've slagged off the TT and accused us of being a tax-dodgers & money-launderers paradise. Why the hell do we have to pay for the privilege of having these globalist parasites lie to us?

39 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

I think it was Jefferson who said it was morally reprehensible to be forced to pay for supporting something you don't believe in.

So what about some of the things our income tax goes to?

should we have tick boxes on tax returns?

1 minute ago, kevster said:

So what about some of the things our income tax goes to?

should we have tick boxes on tax returns?

Don't be silly. The  BBC license fee is a unique issue and the controversy is not confined to this island.

5 minutes ago, GD4XXX said:

Don't be silly. The  BBC license fee is a unique issue and the controversy is not confined to this island.

OK. But do me a favour and spell it properly - ‘licence’, not ‘license’

Archived