Makes us 4 pound fifty per can as thy sweet mountain air

the stinking enigma

I don't know where you lot have been, but tap water on the Island has always had times when it was over-chlorinated - to the point of undrinkability sometimes, though never reliably bad enough for most people that they bother to get filters or whatever.  It's not a new thing and I'm not sure it's got worse.  Maybe  because more people drink bottled water, we've had something to compare it with in recent decades.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply
36 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

I don't know where you lot have been, but tap water on the Island has always had times when it was over-chlorinated - to the point of undrinkability sometimes, though never reliably bad enough for most people that they bother to get filters or whatever.  It's not a new thing and I'm not sure it's got worse.  Maybe  because more people drink bottled water, we've had something to compare it with in recent decades.

I don't think a filter will remove chlorine as its added as a gas, I just leave it open for a while to "gas off"

7 hours ago, Rushen Spy said:

How exactly is this even legal and not fraud?

It’s a fun gift. The few quid it costs isn’t going to send anyone in bankruptcy. 

Not really any different from the fridge magnets (probably made in China) that tourists buy. It will sit on the mantelpiece and be a talking point for a few days when they get home. 

43 minutes ago, MrPB said:

If it is Manx air then it can’t possibly be fraud. 

That's what I'm questioning: is it Manx air and if it is then what quality controls are in place to ensure it is safe for consumers to breathe?

I suppose the jackboots would step in though if you stood by the TT course and bottled the whiff of Castrol R in FOM week and tried to market it as TT Air? :lol:

57 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

That's what I'm questioning: is it Manx air and if it is then what quality controls are in place to ensure it is safe for consumers to breathe?

You are Rob Callister and I claim my £5

Archived