Prom Parties / After Parties

LightBulb

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking at the bulk of comments all over social media on this most people seem to agree that we’ve found the reason why most students don’t come back to the IOM after they’ve left which is: miserable bastard policies, implemented by miserable bastard civil servants, to largely keep moaning miserable bastard non-Manx residents happy. The IOM has become one big retirement castle which the young don’t fit into anymore. 

8 minutes ago, Max Power said:

In this day and age, if anything went wrong at one of these parties, we would be on here hammering the authorities for not making sure that it was properly organised and administered.

Not sure that’s true. These events have been going on for years without major incident. Same with the beach parties being banned. We’re all young once. Makes you wonder how the kids are actually expected have fun these days. Maybe a post exam game of Bridge, and then a night at the opera to keep the Chief Constable happy? 

When some kids can't have an after-function stomp in a field there is something wrong with our society.

I look back at the ones I went to in my youth, barn and field discos and chasing round fields in vehicles trying to catch rabbits etc when it was ok to have FUN.

This Island has now been well and truly overrun with pension-hunting jobsworths. And we wonder why our young don't return following their education.

Why did the police not flag this up at the end of last years Prom celebrations given that have a culture of reviewing most of not all incidents.

Had they done so they could have developed an action plan with other interested parties to ensure the proper running of this years event.

In fairness to the filth, they don't really have much option here, and I say that as someone that has a young adult that was going to this shindig. There are rules that they don't make but which they have to enforce. I think they have been round all the schools to explain the predicament, my daughter seems quite satisfied with the explanation. I'd say myself that they have been quite reasonable, considering they have no option themselves.

38 minutes ago, thesultanofsheight said:

Not sure that’s true. These events have been going on for years without major incident. Same with the beach parties being banned. Makes you wonder how the kids are actually expected have fun these days. Maybe a post exam game of Bridge, and then a night at the opera? 

Yep - Them Marx Brothers are very good.

1 hour ago, LightBulb said:

Do i really need to put "you" / "another one" on my ignore list ?

Well it helped rather a lot when you subsequently posted the link.

Archived