Britain’s Best Little Prison

Manx Bean

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Don't worry the PR people in the Cabinet Office are preparing an equally toe-curling and embarrassing response. 

That's a bit unfair.  Cringe-making our local recidivists may be, but I suspect none of them could rise to level of a 'managed' Howard Quayle press conference.

Actually it's possible to get a bit over-sensitive about how these 'reality' programmes are perceived by those outside the Island.  What we see as embarrassing others may see as unusual or quaint.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

That's a bit unfair.  Cringe-making our local recidivists may be, but I suspect none of them could rise to level of a 'managed' Howard Quayle press conference.

Ain’t that the truth!

33 minutes ago, Roger Mexico said:

Actually it's possible to get a bit over-sensitive about how these 'reality' programmes are perceived by those outside the Island.  What we see as embarrassing others may see as unusual or quaint.

I think you'll find it will be a groundbreaking docusomething.

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

I think you'll find it will be a groundbreaking docusomething.

Dead right. A docuclusterfuck.

Actually, I’d bet the approach that will be taken by the producers will be to present us dear old Manxies as shallow gene pool, unaware, Island-dwelling, bumpkins. It usually is. All the “characters” - lags and screws - will be cartoonish cliches. 

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Dead right. A docuclusterfuck.

Actually, I’d bet the approach that will be taken by the producers will be to present us dear old Manxies as shallow gene pool, unaware, Island-dwelling, bumpkins. It usually is. All the “characters” - lags and screws - will be cartoonish cliches. 

Frighteningly accurate...

7 minutes ago, joebean said:

My bet is that the knob that promoted this will soon be released from their current situation to spend more time with their family. Quietly, of course with a lump sum and an insincere ringing endorsement.

One can only hope they’ll be dragged through the streets of Douglas and horsewhipped in the Bottleneck car park

1 hour ago, Uhtred said:

Well it is on ITV1.  Why should we treated differently from anything else that appears there.

Actually I was really surprised when I saw the scheduling - it's on Wednesdays immediately after Coronation Street.  I was expecting it to be on one of their less prominent channels.

3 hours ago, Roger Mexico said:

Just when you thought that mental picture couldn't get any worse...

If the camera goes to the Minister for even a split second, or even if he is mentioned,  you can be sure who has supported this.

Archived