Britain’s Best Little Prison

Manx Bean

19 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

I can remember, a long time ago, when it was at Victoria Road there were headlines in the Daily Times saying the prison was empty.    Happy Days.

It happened in 1940. May have been other times since.

These days it would be unthinkable and probably even an embarrassment considering the money that was thrown and is being thrown at the place.

There are plenty of ways for the system to keep the place full of customers.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Non-Believer said:
39 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

How can this filming in Jurby be anything other than a huge embarrassment for the island. That teaser was cringeworthy at best.

Were the staff not told to be grown up and not perform for the camera ?

What a 4king disaster. Still 6 episodes to be aired yet.:o

It'll be all part of the, "IoM is a great place to Live" drive. Even for those on remand or duly sentenced. Anything to grow the population.

Dig deep enough and you'll probably find a locate.im, Skelly and Thomas connection.

Correct. 

Somebody somewhere in Government thought this was a good idea.

These are the people we need to weed out from any form of responsibility.

I dread the fall out from this crazy forking charade.

1 hour ago, dilligaf said:

How can this filming in Jurby be anything other than a huge embarrassment for the island. That teaser was cringeworthy at best.

Were the staff not told to be grown up and not perform for the camera ?

What a 4king disaster. Still 6 episodes to be aired yet.:o

It would have been a lot better for the island if they had a military style prison. You wouldn’t want to go there for a second time

3 hours ago, hissingsid said:

There seems an awful lot of people being handed community service these days.   Has anyone n the community ever seen or heard of any being done to improve the Island.   Picking up rubbish would be a start.

An awful lot of people elected for ‘community service' over here. They’d be better off picking up rubbish too.

1 hour ago, hissingsid said:

There seems an awful lot of people being handed community service these days.   Has anyone n the community ever seen or heard of any being done to improve the Island.   Picking up rubbish would be a start.

Have you not seen some of them in action? Doing as little as possible. Some of those sent out to oversee the work they do have little or no authority and control over their charges and from what I've personally witnessed there's a lot of standing around smoking or general fucking around.

Though I don't doubt that there's "human rights" to be observed and you're not allowed to speak harshly to the little darlings in case they get upset.

30 minutes ago, WTF said:

i remember 40 years ago prisoners fixing fencing along the old railway routes

40 years ago, prisoners or not, they probably had a bit of pride in their work and you could trust them to do it.

On 7/26/2019 at 4:09 PM, Max Power said:

I'll reserve judgement but have a horrible feeling about it, this and TT Blues paint a very odd picture indeed. 

What was up with TT blues? Two weeks of fairly benign policing. Which is what it is. 

There was a lot more that happened that ended up on the cutting room floor. Couldn’t be used because of the short edit to air time and it was still subjudice. 

Haven’t  watched the prison one

2 minutes ago, Derek Flint said:

What was up with TT blues? Two weeks of fairly benign policing. Which is what it is. 

There was a lot more that happened that ended up on the cutting room floor. Couldn’t be used because of the short edit to air time and it was still subjudice. 

Haven’t  watched the prison one

Well, maybe? I just found it a bit cringeworthy in places, like the WPC having her hat nicked, 'where's me 'at', the bloke getting nicked due to the smell of cannabis coming out of his window seemed staged and funny as the PC made a feeble attempt at kicking down his door? PC Schumi seemed like a plastic scouser, maybe I'm too sensitive? :)  

3 minutes ago, Max Power said:

Well, maybe? I just found it a bit cringeworthy in places, like the WPC having her hat nicked, 'where's me 'at', the bloke getting nicked due to the smell of cannabis coming out of his window seemed staged and funny as the PC made a feeble attempt at kicking down his door? PC Schumi seemed like a plastic scouser, maybe I'm too sensitive? :)  

I know what you are saying, and a lot of that was down to what could be used within the ridiculously short edit time ITV gave the production company for a broadcast date. 

One big advantage was it being made by Raw Cut TV, who do programmers such as Police Interceptors. They are incredibly pro-police and don’t set out with an agenda, or crafty angle which can make you end up being undermined.

dont know much about the company that made this one?

Archived