"Investment opportunity" (buy-to-let, or buy-to-sell-higher)

Rushen Spy

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Nonsense. People themselves should own their own homes. There should be a law against owning more than a specific number; and law and regulation to ensure protections for people who are from the island, as we are effectively unprotected prey from vultures.

should your moniker not be Russian Spy?

47 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

ARRRRRRRFFFFFFFFFFF...........

Context:

1) The term "comeover" is a disparaging and derogatory term for a person who comes to live here. I may have used the term in the past but did so to refer simply to a person who has moved here. I now reject the term because I now realise that the term is being used in a way that is not in alignment with my understanding of the term, or with my general outlook on people who come to live here. I am very happy for people to come and live here to fill shortages or contribute in other ways.

2) When speaking of the island being open prey to vultures from the outside, I was referring to the island's population and island's local economy being vulnerable to outside economic encroachment due to lack of regulatory and legislative protections. I refer to people or legal entities who come here to exploit the island.

31 minutes ago, Rushen Spy said:

< 25 years.

That'll do me, I'll.be retired by then and sell my rather expensive property to downsize, plus my over generous pension along with sell8ng our business my wife and I will be minted, my kids will all make plenty enough money to suit their lives...happy days indeed....unless 8 get some kind of ass cancer or similar but I'm too lucky for that kind of shit to come my way.

2 minutes ago, yootalkin2me said:

That'll do me, I'll.be retired by then and sell my rather expensive property to downsize, plus my over generous pension along with sell8ng our business my wife and I will be minted, my kids will all make plenty enough money to suit their lives...happy days indeed....unless 8 get some kind of ass cancer or similar but I'm too lucky for that kind of shit to come my way.

What a Walter...:rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Rushen Spy said:

Context:

1) The term "comeover" is a disparaging and derogatory term for a person who comes to live here. I may have used the term in the past but did so to refer simply to a person who has moved here. I now reject the term because I now realise that the term is being used in a way that is not in alignment with my understanding of the term, or with my general outlook on people who come to live here. I am very happy for people to come and live here to fill shortages or contribute in other ways.

2) When speaking of the island being open prey to vultures from the outside, I was referring to the island's population and island's local economy being vulnerable to outside economic encroachment due to lack of regulatory and legislative protections. I refer to people or legal entities who come here to exploit the island.

I called you out on your narrow minded hypocrisy, essentially an "Us & Them" statement - read your words again. (and then read the above and marvel in how many big words you have used)

42 minutes ago, Mr Helmut Fromage said:

I called you out on your narrow minded hypocrisy, essentially an "Us & Them" statement - read your words again. (and then read the above and marvel in how many big words you have used)

And I ask you to review the thread from start to finish. The "us and them" isn't between Manx people and "comeovers"; it is between ALL people on the Isle of Man and persons and legal entities looking to exploit the population here.

Archived