KFC approved for Peel Road

Max Power

40 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

Is this particular KFC going to be halal, kosher or any other stupid religious requirement?

That's the issue that I raised. I believe a whole lot of people would avoid both halal and kosher if they knew that's what they were having plonked in front of them.

Just as there is a halal and a seperate kosher sign of like to see some form of a NOT halal or kosher sign.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Rog said:

That's the issue that I raised. I believe a whole lot of people would avoid both halal and kosher if they knew that's what they were having plonked in front of them.

Just as there is a halal and a seperate kosher sign of like to see some form of a NOT halal or kosher sign.

I believe a whole lot of people wouldn't actually care. Do you truly think your average KFC customer gives a toss where the chicken comes from?

Just now, mojomonkey said:

I believe a whole lot of people wouldn't actually care. Do you truly think your average KFC customer gives a toss where the chicken comes from?

A whole load of people detest the thought of eating meat that has been killed without being rendered unconscious first and that number is increasing.  We should be made aware in order to make an informed choice.

7 minutes ago, Rog said:

A whole load of people detest the thought of eating meat that has been killed without being rendered unconscious first and that number is increasing.  We should be made aware in order to make an informed choice.

You must see classier KFCs than I do then, to me the average KFC customer looks more interested in their zinger burger than animal welfare.

None of this is really relevant to the actual subject of this thread though.

5 minutes ago, mojomonkey said:

You must see classier KFCs than I do then, to me the average KFC customer looks more interested in their zinger burger than animal welfare.

None of this is really relevant to the actual subject of this thread though.

It's about KFC.

Most slaughter for halal involves pre-stunning of the animals.  I suspect the few exceptions are smaller slaughterhouses, which a big firm such as KFC are unlikely to use.  Chickens in particular tend to be gassed with carbon dioxide - you may remember the shortage last year threatened the supply of chicken. 

It's only slaughter for kosher which proscribes stunning.  The way in which the opprobrium is directed against the method which doesn't involve cruelty rather than to one that does is rather indicative of the way in which the British press operates, isn't it?

2 hours ago, Donald Trumps said:

KFC is trialling vegetarian products

This effectively is a chip butty with some vegetables

Behold the 'Veggin' Out' wrap.

83488abe62f7268ef9a63e76b1639660effaaabd.webp 66.82 kB · 1 download

didn't they just announce they have stopped selling health crap because no one buys it......

edit....

Fast food giant Kentucky Fried Chicken (KFC) has given up on offering healthy fast food options across its UK locations, as “no one is buying them,” according to a KFC senior executive.

https://www.nutritioninsight.com/news/healthy-fast-food-doesnt-sell-says-kfc-exec.html

2 minutes ago, dilligaf said:

Really.

The Daily Fail have put it in simple words for you:

"Mr Easterbrook has credited with turning around McDonald's fortunes after profits fell by simplifying menus, improving the quality of ingredients and introducing healthier products such as more salads, fresh fruit and juices."

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7647617/Brother-law-sacked-British-McDonalds-CEO-Steve-Easterbrook-52-speaks-out.html

Archived