Blot on the Biosphere

CharlieBrown

Crumby old shit damp cottage that must cost a fortune in carbon to heat or nice energy efficient eco house?

It appears Bill Dale is rather selective on what 'eco' means, when it comes down to a house he used to live in.

No one, not even people in Dalby know what house he is on about, but he used to live there so it is the most noticeable and important landmark in Dalby...

6 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

Crumby old shit damp cottage that must cost a fortune in carbon to heat or nice energy efficient eco house?

It appears Bill Dale is rather selective on what 'eco' means, when it comes down to a house he used to live in.

No one, not even people in Dalby know what house he is on about, but he used to live there so it is the most noticeable and important landmark in Dalby...

Bill is correct though. we don't want these stupid cubed houses blotting our landscape. What is your problem ?

2 minutes ago, CharlieBrown said:

The proposed house looks much nicer, and built from wood, totally eco and cool, I have a problem with idiots generally.

Bollocks. Show me a house constructed of timber that looks nicer than a Manx cottage.

Assuming you are Manx, that is.

11 hours ago, CharlieBrown said:

or which 4x4 he drives.......

1 hour ago, Andy Onchan said:

Link someone, please?

I saw it on the Manx nostalgia fb page.

The thing with these old stone houses is that no one lives in the way they they did when they were built. They are outdated. Id be surprised if there was anything special about this one. They aren't architectural wonders, they've been thrown up with stone and rubble and are held together by the render. You could argue that some are worth saving but seriously its easier and much more sensible to knock em down and start again. And I say that as someone who does a lot of work restoring or renovating old houses.

Bill  has posted a pic of the proposed development

It will have a great vista - the view from there is one of the best on the island, if not the best

It's a very exposed position tho'

How robust are those window corner things?

Image may contain: sky, house, plant, tree, cloud, grass, outdoor and nature

Archived